When I try to create a new contact I cannot select an account anymore, the gmail.com account is preselected and cannot be changed. Before the MM update on Android 5.1 I could e.g select my Davdroid account I wanted to assign the new contact to.
Am I missing something or can anybody approve this behavior?
Hmm, I normally use external “Contact Editor” app which works as expected. But also with the standard telephone app I can still select the account which I want to create this contact in.
I have used “Offline Calendar” myself before, but does it not only create a local calendar, rather than helping to add contacts to a different - either local or personal, as I guess it’s here, account?
Oops, I didn’t read carefully enough… Of course, you are right, @Amber!
@Amber: many thanks for verifying!
Looks like it was an issue with the new 6.0 authorizations in my case.
This is how I solved the problem:
- Checked that all contacts were synchronized with my OwnCloud server.
- Deleted the DAVdroid account from the phone.
- Uninstalled DAVdroid.
- Reinstalled DAVdroid from F-Droid (version 1.5.1-ose). At the first start I had to allow DAVdroid contacts access.
- Recreated the DAVdroid account for my OwnCloud user again on the phone.
- Syncronized contacts to the phone again.
After that procedure I was asked to choose an account to create a new contact for. So everything’s fine again.
This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.