Can I go back to the stock fairphone rom and lock the bootloader safely?

Can I go back to the stock fairphone rom and lock the bootloader safely?

Hello everyone, I am a user of iodé os and am doing very well. Unfortunately, for some time it is impossible to have a good call quality with my operator (ILIAD Italy) which I don’t experience when I use my SIM card when I change my phone.

I don’t think it is a hardware problem because when I listen to voice on whatsapp the voice quality is perfect.

I would like to attempt to restore the stock rom at this point and wonder if I can do it safely by locking the bootloader.

I read on the documentation that there is a roll-back protection that risks locking the phone in case of downgrade (iodè uses android 12 while the stockrom is still at 11) and in general I am afraid to lock the bootloader since I already had a phone brick by restoring the stock rom.

I am here to ask for advice and try to understand if the situation has changed

Thanks in advance

1 Like

No it has not changed, overall you still need to be very careful. I personally would currently not lock the bootloader.

Latest brick report

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/trapped-in-fastboot-mode-with-locked-bootloader-and-corrupted-custom-rom/80985/240?u=yvmuell

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.