Can I charge the Fairphone 4 with 65 watts?

Can I charge the Fairphone 4 with 65 watts? It’s basically the charger of my laptop. The first time it became very hot, but I think it was because the CPU was working very intense. I tried it once again and it didn’t become that hot. Just a bit warm. I am just asking to make sure. I got the phone a few days now.

Deutsch/german:
Kann ich das Fairphone 4 mit 65 Watt laden? Es ist das Ladekabel meines Laptops. Beim ersten mal wurde es sehr heiß, aber ich glaube das war weil die CPU sehr viel gemacht hat. Jetzt hab ich es nochmal aufgeladen und wurde nicht so heiß. Ich will aber trotzdem eine Nummer sicher gehen. Hab das Handy erst seit paar Tagen.

Hi and welcome and yes you can, according to this discussion

1 Like

Yes you can. I am charging it regularly with Thinkpad charger, which is 65W.

No, you can’t. The FP4 can only utilize about 20W. But thanks to modern protocols, when connecting it to a charger, it will talk about it’s capabilities and the charger will only output, what the Fairphone can handle. So with a 65W charger following modern standards, you will not harm your phone.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.