Camera opens only with the rear function top down - how to fix?

I already tried reset to factory settings with no results.
Funny 5 figure numbers appear in the right upper side of the screen.

Could you post some screenshots, please? I cannot imagine your issue.

Dear Stefan,

have you checked my issue yet?

I am very much in urge to use the camera for business purpose (cam scanner and evernote usage).

Is there a way to check whether the front camera is broke?

Cheers
Jacky

P.S. I speak German too, if that would help.

Anfang der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

At the moment the camera screen appears completely green.

Dear Stefan,

have you checked my issue yet?

I am very much in urge to use the camera for business purpose (cam scanner and evernote usage).

Is there a way to check whether the front camera is broke?

Cheers
Jacky

P.S. I speak German too, if that would help.

Anfang der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

If it’s OK for you, I would like to stick with English, maybe someone else can help us then.

I really don’t see the 5 digits you mentioned. Also: Do we speak about the rear or the front camera?

PS: This post suggests that you only need to restart your phone, if you see the green screen.
PPS: Have you tried with an alternative camera app like Open Camera?

Tried restarting, tried open camera - message „Failed to open camera. Camera my be in use by another application“ or acts crazy, freezes, shows green screen. Also when I restart the phone.

Can nobody help in this matter? I need the camera - otherwise I wouldn’t had bought a smartphone.

After reinstalling and update to kola nut - camera still doesn’t work. HOW CAN I CHECK IF THE CAMERA IS BROKE?

Dial *#*#3646633#*#* and you will enter engineering mode. There go to “hardware testing” and choose “camera”. The last option is called “Start preview”. Click it.

1 Like

Thanks for responding - done, but message appears „engineerMode wurde beendet" - what now?

Did you try a hard reset? :warning: Read carefully!

Thanks, done, but main camera remains dead.

Front camera opens in „up-side-down“ mode, turn-around icon works to turn the front camera to the upright and does make pictures.

Maybe there is „just“ a loose contact in the board??

What now?

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. I even installed a new camera, but this did not help.
Really nothing new about this problem?

Best regards

@Jac could you solve your problem?

I’m sorry nobody answered your last post yet. If nothing else helps you both should contact support.

Fairphone had to exchange the motherboard :wink:

1 Like

Well, bad luck. But thank you very much for the quick answer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.