Camera no longer saving raw photos?

Hi!
It seems that my native camera app stopped taking raw photos. I can´t be sure this is the reason but it seems that this happened after updating to software Version: 8901.4.A.0017.3-gms-15368f27 Security Patch Level: 5th of October, 2022, which returned the voice recorder that was missing.

I have the camera on pro mode and the RAW chosen, but camera saves only JPEGs not RAW. Only like 2 weeks ago the camera saved two photos, JPEG and RAW version, when using pro and raw modes.

Can anyone with FP3(+) and that update installed try if they have the same problem? In case you don´t know, you recognise raw photos from regular JPEG from the little aperture icon on top of the photo in photos app, and when you open the photo and have a look at the details, it should say .dng instead of .jpeg.

Confirmed. I will pass this on to the beta team, you may like to contact support officially too.

Thanks again @amoun . I already added this to my previous ticket about the problems with the camera app.

1 Like

I think I may have found a solution, just checking as I have found some DNGs

The top right icon RAW when tapped to enable seems to go a little yellow then it saves as DNG. The yellow isn’t easy to see in any reasonable light.

**Enabled**

Screenshot_20221030-191346

**Disabled**

disabled

**DNGs**

Screenshot_20221030-190745

1 Like