Camera app is installed, but there's no camera icon

Hi there,

I just installed Fairphone Open and updated to 18.01.01. Everything’s working well, except that there’s no camera icon either on my home screen or in the app drawer (as in: the thing you get when you press the middle icon at the bottom of the home screen, the one with six dots - that should contain all apps right?).

That said, the camera is installed. For example, when I can upload an image in Firefox, I can select Camera as an option, and can then use that to take a picture.

Any idea how I can get the icon?

Perhaps you can try by installing another camera app for instance Open Camera.

1 Like

Thanks Lidwien, that works as a stopgap measure :slight_smile: I would prefer to be able to use the one already installed, though :slight_smile:

1 Like

It might be disabled. Go to SettingsApps → Search for Camera → Check if it’s disabled (you’ll see a big ENABLE button on top).

Checked that, but it’s enabled :slight_smile: (Otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to start it from Firefox either, I presume.)

What sometimes helps with odd issues is clearing the app’s cache and/or data (also in Settings -> Apps).

2 Likes

(I don’t know: some core functionaloties are sometimes duplicated.)

If you can open it with the Camera side button, then it’s a fault of the launcher. Try what @paulakreuzer said and after that reset your phone (as in power off-power on, not as in wipe)

2 Likes

Hmm, for some reason the cache and app data clearing buttons are not present. This might be related to there not being anything yet, seeing as it’s a fresh install on a new phone.

I can open it with the camera side button, now that you mention it, so it’s probably a launcher issue. Just not sure what to do about that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Maybe something went wrong when installing the OS and the Camera App. Try reinstalling the OS.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.