Call quality and noise cancellation (regular calls, handsfree, Signal voice messages, Microsoft Teams video calls)

Anther workaround is to record the audio messages by holding the phone as if you make a call. You’re then closer to the device. Not ideal, but it improves the quality a bit.

Hi,

Could you make the microphone gain available via the android GUI?

Background: I’ve lost my voice and need to whisper most of the time. I would like to adjust the FP4 to my needs.

–HPS

@haxtibal has done some experiments, but nothing that can be done within the GUI as far as I know.

Is it possible to un-root the device after being rooted? I mean, some apps stop working when the phone is rooted, and I want to avoid that.

It is, but since @haxtibal’s solution relies on a Magisk module, the fix will be gone as well once you un-root your phone.

FYI, for anyone wondering, it’s STILL not fixed with the new update… FFS

1 Like

Have anyone experienced this ysing a headset?

Yes. Same issue with a headset

2 Likes

yes, still not fixed… will report… sorry you had to return yours!

Actually did a test with a headset again and it doesn’t even at any point select the headset mic… Still uses the inbuilt mics. Definitely a problem selecting the right input device

1 Like

Could you maybe #contactsupport to let them know? I really hope they can fix this (soon). My Fairphone will arrive in less than a month, it would suck if I have to return it a second time.

1 Like

Not every headset mic will work with every Smartphone, so the issue might be different.

Not every smartphone works with their own mics either, apparently :clown_face:

1 Like

I did not deny that, but using a headset with mic MIGHT probably still be caused by a different root cause

Hi all

Support has received my support request for this issue a week ago.

(Unfortunately I cannot open my ticket, because support page says Forbidden Authenticator when I try to log in after using the link in the email I received. Don’t know which login I have to use then, but both FP community and FP webshop login do not work, I did not receive login during or after filling in the support form, and there is no ‘Forgot password’ button.
So I tried to use the support section in the Fairphone app that was installed on my FP4, resulted in an error message after pushing the Send button.
For now, I give up and will wait for a notification in my mailbox, whilst being disappointed in FP on different subjects)

For support page you need a seperate password…

It is not possible to sign up:

Maybe try a different browser? Perhaps a plugin is blocking something? If you’re on a desktop, you could press F12 and then check the console for errors. It works for me :tm: :slight_smile:

In a browser go to

Choose:
Costumer support
Click on: contact us

In top right corner click on: Sign in
Click on: Have you emailed us? [Get a password]

Fill in the form with your mail address and it should work.:wink:

4 Likes

How did you sent your request and did you get a ticket number?
If so you may have to wait, a week is not uncommonly long.

You can of course email directly or call.

2 Likes