Bug: Android 10 FP3 - Unknown Caller

Update from my side - I unfortunately got quite a silly answer today (but also including the nonsensical steps to show caller details), not even acknowledging that it is a software problem with Android 10. I have again tried to be very detailed and specific about it. Hopefully this person will now read my ticket completely.

Entsprechend der englischsprachigen Antwort von Fairphone in dem vorherigen Posting, ist das Problem bekannt und man arbeitet an einer Lösung.
Jeder, der das Problem hat, soll beim Fairphone Support ein Ticket aufmachen und auch noch angeben, welche Netzwerk-Provider und welches Land betroffen sind.

3 Likes

Same problem: Workaround didn’t work for me. Business is hurting because I can’t call people back who might have wanted something from me. This is a serious problem, if it isn’t fixed in a few days I’ll have to get myself an unfair but working phone.

That’s really bad and certainly a no-go.

Just to make sure:
The workaround is this one posted by @Chris_R:

This does not work for you? I thought that to be a sure thing.
You then definitely should open a support-ticket with Fairphone and let them know, that it is not working for you. (Don’t forget to include infos on network provider and country.)

I really hope, that this problem gets solved soon.

:bangbang: Maybe, instead of buying a new phone, you could return to Android 9 for the time being, by installing it manually. :bangbang:
Take a look at this support page:
https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048050332

There they state:

4. Download Fairphone OS (Android 9) onto your computer. Currently, the Android 10 version of Fairphone OS is unavailable.

So it seems, they are really working on it to fix it.

3 Likes

Problem solved after today’s update. Great.

1 Like

I also think it is fixed, but I think it may only be partially fixed.

I think they may have disabled 4G LTE calls altogether (although the toggle is still active). Anyone able to receive calls over 4G LTE? You’ll know if you are as you’ll have a 4G signal when the call comes through - else it will drop to 3G or another available option.

1 Like

I have also this problem and my sim works on a swiss network. I’ve reported the problem to FP and I’m waiting for them to fix this bug

I have made the update today and the problem still remain

2 Likes

It may be that the issue requires settings for different operators, so you’ve done the right thing by letting them know. In the meantime, if you disable wifi calling and 4G LTE that’s the best workaround we have right now.

2 Likes

Habe ebenfalls das gleiche Problem seit dem letzten Update.

1 Like

unfortunately can’t confirm

Bei mir das selbe Problem, habe heute die SIM-Karte getauscht, der erste Anruf hat funktioniert, danach wieder alle als “Unbekannt”.

Gibt’s mittlerweile eine Lösung?

Wilkommen im Community Forum!
Bitte das erste Post lesen, da gibt’s eine Lösung.

Since the last update, the contact details are no longer displayed for incoming calls. All callers come in as unknown. I can’t see who is calling and I can’t call back if I missed a call.
When I try to report the problem to the support page, my IMEI1 number is not accepted.

I moved your post here to avoid duplicates. Please read the first post to find the workaround.

@Ingi have you tried disabling 4g LTE and wifi calling? This is our current workaround until Fairphone fix

3 Likes

Vielen, vielen Dank!
Hat problemlos funktioniert.

2 Likes

The new update 3.A.0045, has fixed the unknown call issue, for me.

EDIT: NO, I do still have the unknown call issue.:face_with_head_bandage:

5 Likes

The new update 3.A.0045, has fixed the unknown call issue, for me.

I cannot confirm that on my side unfortunately.

I think it may be network specific. Best to report to fairphone if you haven’t already, and let them know the network your SIM(s) are on.