Bright spot on the display

I got the screen replaced and had bright spots again after a few weeks. Then I had the phone replaced due to random reboots. And, after a couple of weeks there were bright spots on the screen on the new phone.
Honestly I donā€™t care too much about those spots. I only see them when the screen is all white. The random reboots on the other hand, that is a problem.

Hello, i got my FP2 since August last year. After a month i noticed some lighter spots on the display, they are only to be seen with a white background (like in Settings), but then its really irritating to my eyes.
I changed the display with the help of the support and my new display shows the same behaviour after two months. The spot is on the lower half. My question: Has anyone else noticed this? I didnt find anything about this here or anywhere.

People have noticed, yes - Iā€™ve moved your post to the relevant topic - see above.

Looks like you have (sadly) the most experience with this problem, how long is it taking the support on average to resolve the issue?

I had exactly the same issue (and pretty similar patterns) so interesting how thatā€™s a common hardware defect (just like the bottom module & not-slim case)

1 Like

Had the same problem. Opened a new issue. Got a quick response. They delivered a new Display module but I had to pay for it until the got the faulty one. I already got the money back now.

Unfortunately, the replacement Display module did also develop some bright spots. And they are not in the same location :frowning:

1 Like

Update: I now have my new display module since February 24th and noticed this week that the new display has again a bright spot in the lower left cornerā€¦ (yes, Iā€™m writing another support ticket)

I bought a new display after my touchscreen broke and the new one starts developing the same bright spots as the old one after one month. I believe they are even at the same places.

Iā€™m now on my fifth display and the spots are on their way. Iā€™m really disappointedā€¦ I wanted so much to like Fairphone but, with this ongoing bright spots issue and an inability to handle too many things at once without crashing, Iā€™ve reached the end of the roadā€¦

Same thing for me ā€¦
My first screen had those spots, after the touchscreen stopped working it got replaced and now the new screen has developed the same spots again.
When I press the screen in the center (careful!) I can see some rainbow colored spots around the bright spot. So for me it looks like there is something behind the backlight panel ā€¦ ?!?

But I can life with it as it is only visible with very bright colors.
At work I got a HP zDisplay (I think those are not cheap) and it has a similar bright spot. Probably this is not so uncommon for TFTs ?

Same here. I have the third display in five months, this time it was a different production charge (different colour on the backside) and like the two times before: after some time there are these bright spots in the same region which really irritate my eye. I am quite fed up and ready to leave my FP behind, i wanted it to soo hard to be a reliable companion for years, but this hardware exchanges are quite the opposite of sustainable. And contacting support to initiate a switch of the display with the retailer i bought my phone from is always an mail-battle in epic poroprtionsā€¦ (although i clearly state that i go upfront with the money). Finally right at this moment i had to wait till June for a replacement.
I am quite sad, but enough is enough.
Leaving this wonderful Forum behind, hurts surely the most.

Same here. Got my fourth display beginning of march that, I was told, should solve the problem. After a few days the brights spots started reappearingā€¦
I immediately sent a message to support and they seemed genuinely at a loss as they were convinced the new display would settle the matter. Theyā€™re going to have to reinvestigate from the startā€¦
I can live with the spots for the time being though, so I will wait and seeā€¦

Perhaps there is something else wrong with your phones that damages the display and causes the spots on it? It is strange that some phones need a new display again and again.

Itā€™s a fair point but my forth and fifth screens have been with a new phone i received due to a separate issue. Who knows?

My (second) display (the first was replaced in May 2016 due to unresponsive parts) has developed a white spot after approx. 10 months near the lower left corner which is visible on white background. However it isnā€™t so strong that I would find it irritating, so I plan to keep the display as long as it wonā€™t get much worse and it keeps working otherwise.

These white spots seem to appear not only on FP2 displays. My wifeā€™s (~ 3 year old) Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 has also developed a white spot (in the middle of the display) some time ago.

I can understand the display not being perfect after 3 years but on my display it appeared again after only 2 months of regular usageā€¦ The display before took about 10 months to be extremely annoying with this issue.

Ok, I can understand that. My display definitively took longer to evolve the bright spot (actuallly, itā€™s two spots: another smaller one 2 cm right to the mentioned one).
And itā€™s mainly visible on white background so far, i.e. not really annoying yet.
Letā€™s hope Fairphone will be able to find (and fix) the reason soon.

Iā€™ve been wondering the same. But since Fairphone asks us to send back the faulty display, I imagine they test them and that I would have heard from them if the problem wasnā€™t reproduced on another phone. I imagine (or at least hopeā€¦) that this possibility has crossed their mind and that itā€™s been ruled out.

My original display evolved some bright spots, they changed it, the spots began again after a few days. Now they replaced the coreā€¦ Hope the spots are gone now!

i too have these. Itā€™s annoying and doesnā€™t look nice on bright screens, but I hate bright anyway.