Bootloop fp2 after update recently (14. july)

Well, the spare battery, there’s a bit of a moral conundrum. It was sent as part of a support package with no cost or return associated, legally it was a gift. I guess I could consider it as compensation for the week I had no FP2 and a donation towards the cost of my replacement UNfairphone … but I was going to buy a spare battery anyway, so I guess I should send FP €20 (and put the UNfairphone on e-bay).

Thanks for all the replies. Good that it worked for you, @nicka!
I think i´ll have to contact Fairphone support, too. I just opened a support ticket, but with that they need until a month, I heard.
I read about a forum where you can post your ticked number so it gets mentioned?

But anyway, unfortunatly I urgently needed a Smartphone for work, so I had (like nicka) to buy a replacement UNfairphone.
My wife is also waiting for the production of a new charge of FP1 replacement screens , so she will use it afterwards…

I totally agree :slight_smile:

But thanx for all your help so far!!!

You’ll find that topic if you click here: #supportrequest::tag

Hello world.
Until now I was really happy with my FP2 (hence no post in this forum), but now, I seem to have the exact same problems as rock.minister:
Battery seems low, but there’s no solid red light when connected to charger.
Sometimes the charging animation starts (w/o solid red light) but eventually stops and is interrupted by the blinking red light. Sometimes the phone starts to boot but gets black while “configuring x<30 of 160 apps”.
The FP2 Help workaround mentioned by Johannes didn’t work for me, either.
So I guess I’ll have to open a support ticket as well?

Have a nice day everybody!

Good news!
After having the battery out of the device for a day, I finally managed to get it charged today. (With the “enter battery after connecting the charger”-trick)
I deleted some of the new apps that seemed to keep the phone busy and did the latest update. So far, the device runs stable again…

Also check out this post.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.