🇬🇧 🇩🇪 Boot Issue "No Command" / Bootfehler "Kein Befehl"

Fairphone 2, no root, regular OS, Android 9 update via Updater

After updating my Fairphone 2 to Android 9 there were a few bugs that eventually got better (e.g. reboots and sd card problems). One thing stayed: Suddenly freezing display from time to time. After one of these freezings the Volume±Button didn’t work anymore, so i tried to restart the phone.
Now nothing works anymore: After the white “Fairphone” logo on black screen the phone shows the “No Command” Error with the android figure and the red sign.
From my researches I know, that this might be the fastboot mode and I have to try to get into recovery mode - but no combination in pressing the buttons work! My computer doesn’t recognize the phone at all when connected with USB. At this point I don’t want to recover my data, I just want my phone to work! Any suggestions?
I found this problem in a quite a few topics here, but nothing seems to help…

/

Nachdem ich mein Fairphone 2 auf Android 9 geupdated hatte gab es einige Probleme, die aber wieder verschwanden, bis auf das Einfrieren des Displays von Zeit zu Zeit. Nach einem dieser Vorfälle funktionierte der Volume±Button nicht mehr, also versuchte ich das Handy neuzustarten - kam danach allerdings immer nur zum “Kein Befehl”-Fehler mit der Androidfigur und dem roten Schild. Nach meiner Recherche weiß ich, dass es sich wohl um den fastmood handeln könnte, ich komme aber mit keiner Tastenkombination in den Recovery Mode… nichts geht mehr, der PC erkennt das Handy auch gar nicht.
Ich hab schon einige Topics hier zu ähnlichen Problemen gelesen, die Lösungen dort funktionieren bei mir aber alle nicht… Für Vorschläge wäre ich sehr dankbar!

Willkommen in der Fairphone Community.

Das klingt für mich so, als würden die Lautstärketasten hängen, daher auch der direkte Start ins “No command”.
Hast Du es mal ohne die Hülle/Rahmen versucht?

Looks like the volume buttons are stuck. Therefore the start into the ‘No command’ menu. Did you try it without the back cover?

2 Likes

Usually the next step is to briefly HOLD Power and briefly PRESS Volume Up to proceed to Recovery Mode.

2 Likes

Thank you both for your help. And sorry for the late replay. I also thought about the buttons being stuck, but without cover the problem was still there. HOLDING Power and briefly PRESSING Volume+ didn’t do it either.

But: Yesterday the phone started working again! I really don’t know why - I didn’t do something I haven’t tried at least two or three times over the last days. Immediately did a buckup of everything and did the latest update, but it seems to work even after a few restarts…

/

Danke für eure Tips! Beides habe ich mehrfach versucht und nichts hat geholfen.

Allerdings geht das Handy wieder an - keine Ahnung warum. Ich habe nichts anderes probiert als die Tage zuvor… Ich habe sofort ein Backup gemacht und das neueste Update installiert, aber es scheint nun wieder zu laufen, warum auch immer.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.