Bluetooth microphone not detected

My main mic is not working well, instead of chaging the module again I just got a bluetooth handsfree device.

But now i have the problem that even when the audio is fine. The telephone is not taking the bluetooth microphone source. I cant find any way to make the phone use the bluetooth device instead of the main mic.

I tested the handsfree with other phone and is working well.

Am i missing something obvious?

I have a BT headset where the mic works fine. It’s a Jabra Elite 65t. That works with both Lineage 15.1 and 16.0.

Which headset do you have?

JBL Tune 110
Could be that is not compatible? But why the sound is fine?

That doesn’t seem to be bluetooth?!
https://www.jbl.com/earbuds/JBL+T110.html

1 Like

Probably this one:
https://www.jbl.com/bluetooth-headphones/JBL+T110BT.html

3 Likes

Yes! That one the one Johannes linked

1 Like

Actually I don’t really know how to find the root cause. Not sure if the supported bluetooth profiles make a difference.

your JBL (BT version 4): HFP v1.5, HSP v1.2, A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.5
my Jabra (BT version 5): HFP v1.7, HSP v1.2, A2DP v1.3, AVRCP v1.6, PBAP v1.1

And according to this support article the FP2 supports BT version 5 with profiles

• Headset Profile (HSP) (1.2)
  • Hands-Free Profile (HFP) (1.7)
  • Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) (1.3)
  • Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) (1.2)
  • Dial-up Networking Profile (DUN) (1.1)
  • Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN) (1.0)
  • SIM Access Profile (SAP) (1.2)
  • Message Access Profile (MAP) (1.2)
  • Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP) (1.1)
  • Object Push Profile (OPP) (1.2)
  • File Transfer Profile (FTP) (1.1)

I would assume that HSP v1.2 should work.

P.S.: my Jabra has a similar problem with a win 10 laptop, there the mic is also not found/used

2 Likes

Maybe you could considering my new bottom module as a longterm solution. You can even adjust the sound of the mic with my module.

1 Like

As i understand HSP refers to headset and HFP to Hands free. so maybe HSP doesnt include the mic. and then could be that HFP 1.7 doesnt support HFP 1.5? It’s just speculation I really dont know about this protocols.

Where can I find info about this?

In my post “New Fairphone Bottom module with an appropriate case” in the category “Participate:Do It Yourself”

1 Like

It’s not too detailed but from reading List of Bluetooth profiles - Wikipedia I think HSP should include the mic.
HFP is for cars (should also include mic).

True. will try to give a look further to see the compatibility of V4 and V5 and do the tests in safe mode. I’m afraid i will just find out that they arenot compatible and that’s all. will have to get a different handsfree

that looks great! is surely something i would consider. As others said, that module is the weakest part of the phone and sadly for a mechanical thing. it would clearly make more pleasant the FP experience.

I’m now selling this. But be aware that is a “open beta”. Take a look in the sell section

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.