Bluetooth audio quality

Has anyone else experienced that the Bluetooth audio quality on the FP4 is pretty poor? I’m using Samsung Galaxy Buds and I’m comparing it to a Huawei P30 Pro. Both devices are using the AAC codec. When I’m using my FP4 I can hear that the audio (in comparison) kind of sounds like listening to a “blown” speaker, with the bass packing less of a punch and the mids sounds like it’s distorted (like it’s cracking) and that a lot of audio detail is missing.

I’ve tried 3 buds with my FP4 (Fairphone Earbuds, Jabra Elite 65t and Jabra Elite 75t). All sound as good as on my old Pixel 3. Reception seems more solid though.

Maybe a stupid question, but is on one of the devices some kind of audio “enhancement” enabled? Equalizer, Dirac on Huawei or some other kind of magic?
Are you using the same music player?
I am by far not an expert in this field, but as I don’t think there is some kind of digital->analog->digital conversion in this path, I doubt that the same setup would yield different results.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.