Black screen and vibrator never stop

This morning my fairphone shut down after high heat up.
When I tried to restart (with the power button), the screen remain black but the phone vibrates continuously.
The only way to stop that is to remove the battery…

Thanks for your help!

That sounds bad.
I’d try to take the phone apart, the individual modules too and carefully clean all connectors. Then put everything back in order and try again. If the screen continues to stay black (but hopefully the vibration is gone) then try the battery reset from the #batteryguide. But make sure you don’t try to boot the phone until the LED turns green.

Hello,
I tried to cleen all connectors this morning but it doesn’t work…The screen is still black and the vibration is still there.

Well then I guess you’ll have to contact support to get a replacement/repair.

Ok but how? Sorry but it’s not really easy to find contact to return the phone
Could you please give me an email contact or phone number?
You have no physical desk, no problem but make sure to have a good Customer services
Regards,Antoine Castera

The forum is seen by Fairphone as a place for discussion amongst customers and/or people interested in what Fairphone is doing. They don’t see it as a support channel. The community moderators are members of the community, but not Fairphone employees. So things like returns cannot be handled through the forum (we have no influence over any of that).

Fairphone customer support can be found via https://fairphone.com/support. The easiest way to file a support request (which is the first step towards returning the phone for repair) is via the support form. If it’s urgent, consider calling - call details are at the bottom of all the support pages (including the form), between the ask a question button and the grey footer. For more forum tips about Fairphone support, see this guide.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.