Battery/Port/Charging Issue (Any help appreciated)

Hi all,

I’ve had my fairphone now for about 18 months and have been very happy with it. Something has happened however. It was sitting idle (with maybe ~50% power) and I heard it buzz so i picked it up and it had died.

When plugged in to the wall (5v 1A charger) the red led comes on but it never charges, even overnight. I tried these tips but to no avail. I found out that if its plugged in with no battery in it gets into a loop of showing the black (not blue) splash screens and then rebooting. But putting the battery in at this point you can get the phone to boot wherein it works fine, but the bettery stays on 0% even after a few hours.

My guess would be that something sudden happened to my battery, but I thought I might ask if anyone had this issue here before I order a replacement.

Thanks for any help,
Alex

It’s been a while since you posted, but in case you haven’t contacted Fairphone support yet, I’d suggest to do that (though you could try a battery kickstart (under ‘charger’ first). What you’re describing sounds like a defective bottom module - Fairphone support has generally been replacing these under (the 2 year) warranty, but you’ll have to get in touch with them to get this sorted.

If you have any more questions about this issue, check the topic below and continue there (I’ll close this topic as the other topic is a better fit):

1 Like