Back cover colors for FP2 owners now available

The text says the default cover is the translucent black cover.

1 Like

Ok, I see. Let us look into it and we’ll come back to you.

1 Like

To clarify: Only the German text says so. :blush:

1 Like

Well in the original poll (the FP one, not the one on the forum) they also asked if one considers to buy a 2nd back cover, so I guess FP at least thinks about it.
Of course, in itself I don’t think it is necessary, but it would be nice to switch between the opaque and the transparent from time to time :smiley:

@anon48893843: Is anything decided on this behalf by now?

2 Likes

The reason the white bezel isn’t available is because we need to do more testing with it first. We’re not sure how white the whiteness will be after a couple of months of good usage. It wouldn’t fit our longevity aims very well if it turns out that you need to replace it too fast because of that. So @urs_lesse, indeed a practical reason!

7 Likes

Yes, and that is that we will be selling additional back covers in our shop. So you can switch at will :smiley:

3 Likes

:blush:
This is very very good news! With these four additional options including Blue Matte and Transparent, every buyer should find one he likes.
I love your surprises! :blush:

Live picture of the cases:

(by the way, sorry “opaque-white”…)

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up, this is now fixed!

4 Likes

It would be interesting to know wich cover have more demand at the end. Naturally after you have informed the customers about this option (via e-mail I suppose)

1 Like

Whoops, you are right. Translations can prove to be a bit difficult :astonished:. Changed this in the support article, thanks @urs_lesse for helping out!

Great!

So for the moment I settled on transparent and am waiting for the possibility to add a 2nd one (blue matte) to my order in the shop :wink:

Come, People, come, and buy this phone, beautiful inside and outside :blush:
I love this :

6 Likes

I have the FP1 and so I did not order the FP2, but I would have said “take the risk!”! And inform people ordering the white rim that there may be a risk of it changing hue. You don’t know for sure that people would have replaced the cover with the white rim not being so white any more after a few months.
Without the blue cover with white rim another distinct visible feature of the FP1 is not taken to the FP2, what a pity. :frowning:

1 Like

Will fun 3d print covers like the ones for FP1 be available for FP2?

3 Likes

I honestly don’t think so. FP2’s covers are supposed to offer all the protection the device needs. Printing cases with that kind of functionality sounds impossible (or hard/expensive) to me.

Is it possible to put a foto behind the transparent case? Sort of making your own skin? Or does the phone get to hot?

I think this should be possible. Of course a phone gets warm, but never so hot that paper would burn.

1 Like

But make sure not to use any material that dissolves, or you could cause technical problems.

1 Like

Exactly. I had a Fairphone sticker on the back of my FP1, but it was very difficult to remove because the glue had dissolved a bit.

Gosh, I want to have them all! Fingers crossed we can buy them as accessories soon x

3 Likes