Hello ! I dig a deserted topic, and I discovered that, although the development of Boot2Gecko/FirefoxOS is discontinued, it is still possible to install the last working image (“Juan Blob-free”) on Fairphone2 :
The procedure is the following:
This process will wipe your phone, make a TWRP backup first
- Download the “Ready to use” Virtual Machine image B2G Installer.ova (This is a 1.5 Go file!) direct link | source
- Install Oracle VM VirtualBox on a 64bits computer with virtualization enabled
- Install Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack, for USB2.0/3.0 support
- (Linux only) Fix permissions by typing in terminal sudo adduser USERNAME vboxusers
- Launch VirtualBox with the VM image B2G Installer.ova
- In the VM :
- Open Nightly (default web browser)
- In about:addons, disable automatic updates for ADB Helper (it should stay to version 0.8.7)
- Download the “Juan Blob-free” build FP2.blobfree-dist.zip direct link | source
- Connect your device and open about:b2g-installer and follow the steps shown.
(USB debugging has to be activated in Developer Option, accept computer fingerprint)
- When asked, provide the build image FP2.blobfree-dist.zip
- Congratulations: Your Fairphone2 should now be flashed with B2G/Firefox OS.