Android 13: Unable to connect to WHOOP

I’m able to use the tracker on another device, but WHOOP did offer me an option to get a refund for any pre-paid time on my account. Perhaps they will offer you the same if you want to go that route.

2 Likes

Update from Fairphone support:

Thank you for your message and I apologise for the delay in getting back to you.

To help you further with your request, I will need to ask for advice from the relevant
department. As soon as we have an update, we will get back to you.

If you have any other questions or concerns in the meantime, please let us know.

1 Like

Update from Fairphone support:

There appears to be a common connectivity issue between WHOOP devices and Android 13. There are reports of this issue on multiple devices from multiple brands, not just Fairphone. I
understand some brands have had the fix, others have not.

Because we’re not able to offer support for third-party products, and the Bluetooth connection is working fine with other devices, I recommend reaching out to WHOOP directly for further
support.

Although I understand it’s frustrating being between two companies, WHOOP are responsible for the subscription and may be able to pause payments etc while they work on a fix.

This has already been reported to our teams. Rest assured we will keep your request on hold while we wait for the outcome from WHOOP support.

Hi, I’ve just had the same issue after (accidentally :see_no_evil: ) updating to Android 13. Here’s the response I’ve had from whoop:

"… we are aware of a manufacturing issue impacting connectivity on certain devices running Android 13/related software. Your device is one of those affected by this, and this has been confirmed as an issue on Android’s end. This is due to an issue with the latest Android update on these particular models, and WHOOP is actively communicating with the manufacturers to get it fixed on their end.

We have been made aware that Android has released a software update of 13.1/related software updates which has resolved some of these connectivity issues on certain Android’ models, however, it is known that even on 13.1/related software updates, this hasn’t been fully resolved on other devices. If you’d like to learn more about the issue, please reach out to your device’s manufacturer. I’d also like to recommend seeing if you have a software update of 13.1/related software updates on your phone to see if this resolves this matter. We deeply apologize for this inconvenience as we know this stops you from utilizing your WHOOP. If this update is not available for your phone or does not resolve this matter, at this time we’re offering the following options below:

1. Cancelation/Refund where applicable upon the return of the device.
  2. You may continue to wait this matter out with no definite timeline for a resolution.
  3. If possible, you may pair your WHOOP to another device."

Can anyone advise any easy way to downgrade to A12? I’m not especially ‘techy’.

Would a factory reset allow me to do this?

A downgrade is not advisable!
You wouldn’t be able to lock your bootloader or you’ll brick your phone, no security updates, etc. …

A factory reset isn’t enough you need to flash older factory images, but especially if you don’t know what you are doing, don’t do it.

1 Like

OK thanks, I guess I will just have to use the whoop through my work phone until they update it

Hi mate. Somethings news?

Yes!

I just received this from Fairphone support:

… our team is currently investigating it and looking for a solution. However, at this point we can not promise when this will be solved. We can keep your ticket open to update you once we have more information.

1 Like

HI guys. Any news from Fairphone?

Any news here on this issue?

Thanks,
Phil

Just got an update from Fairphone support:

We’re aware of an issue that causes connectivity issues between WHOOP Bands and Android 13
devices. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Fairphone has reached out to WHOOP’s Engineering team to obtain information about the fix as
we have not been contacted by them as of yet. We are waiting to hear back as we need their
help to resolve this issue. As soon as we receive more information, we will work to resolve
this issue as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, we recommend keeping your device updated with the latest software. You can
read more about what’s included with each update in the Fairphone 4 OS Release Notes.

3 Likes

Another response, which I think is rather stupid.

We sent you an email some time ago but we haven’t received your reply.

If your question or problem is resolved, you can ignore this message and we’ll close your ticket in
a few days. If you still need assistance or require more time to work through our last comment,
simply reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you further!

I replied that the issue is still unresolved and that I only received somewhat informational responses so far, no actual fix.

So this is still unresolved?? Every time I upgrade my Android Version things stop working. Increase your standards, Fariphone…

1 Like

Why do you blame Fairphone and not WHOOP?

2 Likes

Still no update about this?!

That is correct. Unfortunately.

Hello, same thing here : I recently moved to a Fairphone 5 and could not connect my Whoop 4 band.

The Whoop app can see the Whoop band when lauching the pairing process, but after a few seconds I get a “connexion failed” error message.
Also tried to put the Whoop in pairing mode (by tapping multiple times on the top) with no change. Removing the Whoop band from Bluetooth devices list or reinstalling the Whoop app did not help either.

The odd thing is that it was working fine with my Fairphone 3 running with Android 13.

I have put my Whoop membership on hold for the moment, hoping that Fairphone or Whoop will find a solution. But by looking at this thread, I am beginning to thing it could never happen.

Just wanted to let you know I have the exact same problem, just ordered whoop and Fairphone 5 user. Not sure if it is correct that whoop is blaming Fairphone/Android 13, but what I did notice that connection for calling is lost in my car all the time since I’ve had the Fairphone…

Just for your information : I have found a temporary solution allowing me to continue using my Whoop band. I installed the Whoop app on my iPad and connected my band to it. Now my Whoop band is synchronizing through my iPad but I can view the data on my Fairphone. Of course it is far from perfect (since I don’t always carry my iPad with me, I don’t get real time info on my phone), but at least I can use my Whoop band.
This solution could also work with any other Whoop app compatible device, such as an Android tablet.

1 Like