Android 12 has come to the FP4

Its available for O2/Drillisch

2 Likes

I haven’t entered any beta testing willingfully :slight_smile: But hey, I’ll give it a go!

1 Like

The “regular” update number is identical with yours, so is the security patch level, and all that seems to be different is your “This is a pre-release update” line (that is missing from the screen info I got). :slight_smile:

P.S.: I feel so SP1.Yed on … :grimacing: :wink:

4 Likes

Luckily we can do scrolling screenshots in Android 12 :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Also Salt in Switzerland. It seems like salt users are the lucky ones in CH

3 Likes

But only if the app supports it (Firefox doesn’t for example), so let’s see if it works for the update info :nerd_face:

1 Like

I have the same, strange. Let’s hope it’s not a test version we’re getting.

Done! Android 12 working now on my FP4…

1 Like

Just updated, all working fine. Nice! :+1:
Say, didn’t Android 12 bring dynamic colors based on wallpapers and themed icons? Or was that 13?

2 Likes

I seem to have a problem with Bluetooth audio after updating to Android 12. It simply doesn’t play. Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

3 Likes

I would have thought Salt users would be among those not yet receiving the upgrade. As far as I know (my partner is a Salt user), Salt is known for withholding important features from users of most devices (e.g. Wi-Fi calling). That’s why I’m surprised. I myself (at Swisscom) have not seen the upgrade yet.

Noooo… I can’t find “One-handed mode” in A12 settings… This was THE feature I was looking forward for… I only see a “One handed mode” app when searching the settings, but it is not the accessibility option I’m looking for…

It is also available for Vodafone/WeTell

1 Like

Thanks for the Info. The Update is now in progress. The download is running. I live in germany and my provider is Aldi Talk.

I can confirm that the string “This is a pre-release update” is just a copy-paste mistake, only visible in the English (default) message.
The software package delivered is the correct and official one.

It has been now corrected, thanks for spotting it :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

I hope you’re wrong, but I think you’re right. It’s in the Gestures section on my Pixel 3. Comparing the 2 setting menus in general it seems some more stuff is missing. But that may be Google added value.

It’s now available on Three in the UK. downloading and installing!

Did someone already try to re-root the FP4 after the update?

It’s better to be behind and have a working OS than push out updates half baked (Google F-upped some Pixel updates last year). I rather want stability and worry free updates.

1 Like

Nope, one-handed mode was in the general A12 release notes so it should not be Pixel-specific…

4 Likes