Android 12 has come to the FP4

What kind of performance depends on the region (CH, FR)?
And what do you mean with delayed, are we talking about days, weeks or even months?

Second question already answered here :point_down:

5 Likes

Or here…

And here the rest is answered as well

Overall I guess the information that could be shared were shared so maybe a bit more patience will do the trick.

4 Likes

What are operators? Is this where the SIM is registered (in CH for example Salt, Swisscom, etc.)?

So did I understand it right, that not every device in FR and CH is affected?

Yes, these are operators and yes, not every device in France and Switzerland should be affected. If an operator is affected, it’s very likely that all it’s virtual network operators (like Lidl Connect is one in the network of Salt) will be affected, too.

2 Likes

Sigh…
I am satisfied with Android 11.
Until Android 11 Google has restricted the user rights more and more with almost every new main release.

What positive changes may I expect with Android 12 compared with Android 11? My internet search did not give a clear answer. Restrictions are seldom advertised…

1 Like

What kind of restrictions are you referring to? There are plenty of positive changes in Android 12 and 13 though. They are wildly advertised. But I suppose you don’t value them that much. I personally really like the increased control over privacy and enhanced security. One hand mode is also great, especially since the FP4 is quite big. The new UI is also refreshing.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
I think I have to search deeper to find out, if Android 12 has some advantages from my point of view.

Here’s a full list

The stuff under privacy and security is what I’ve been waiting for

3 Likes

You can search for “android 12 features”, there are plenty of blogs and videos about it that can explain the benefits in plain English.

Bingo!
Wednesday 1st, 10 am local time, and no Android 12 upgrade for Orange France clients. :pensive:
(No security update either)

“with some luck, it will be out before the end of March” -sigh-

1 Like

In Germany using O2 there is also no update available, yet :wink:

EDIT: BTW, the release notes are also not showing any A12 version: https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405858220945

2 Likes

Germany Telekom (D1) also no update yet. Fairphone @ Twitter says it is out. We have to be patient. The day is still long.

3 Likes

The roll out takes a few days etc.

NOTE: Starting today the 1st

Give the poor workers a day. I would expect a new topic with title to indicate that the roll out is underway and showing no problems.

2 Likes

Of course they should take the time for the roll out.
However, in my opinion and from my professional view as project manager I would rather say, use the 5P rule: Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance
In other words: If you announce it you should be ready to perform the actual roll out.

2 Likes

It’s there (Telekom, D1, Klarmobil).

9 Likes

Installing the update right now. (Germany, Congstar)

4 Likes

Installing the update right now. (Switzerland, Salt)

5 Likes

Pre-release? Vodafone CZ.

3 Likes

I believe that if you’re a beta tester, then the updater would call everything a pre-release even if it isn’t a prerelease. If you’re suspicious, you could wait for the announcement and see if the version strings match :slight_smile: