Android 12 has come to the FP4

Excellent :metal:
Well, someone else might need it, as long as there are no factory images, that’s one way to get to the untouched stock partitions :slightly_smiling_face:

My family members phone, where I pulled this from, is on congstar, so yeah, same operator. But I haven’t seen any indication that those are specific to a provider, someone tested one of the links I posted in the past on a different network, IIRC :thinking:

In Updating a rooted Fairphone 4 (February 2022) – Stijn D'haese it is written:

Once you have unrooted your phone, you should be able to perform the OTA update. Important: after this step you need to reboot your system. If you root the system again using the method “Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)” in Magisk, you end up without wifi after the reboot.

And that I wanted not to happen. And the last update to A.175 it did not work for me either and I ended re-rooting te phone from scratch.

Anybody using hidden WiFi networks? For some reason I cannot add a network that’s hidden. When I unhide the network on the router I can connect fine. Once I hide it, the Fairphone cannot see it anymore. Other devices have no issues.

1 Like

No idea what that is based on, I’ve updated both a FPOS and a CalyxOS system countless times according to the instructions I linked above and I’ve never had any issues :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Is there any way to change( the size of) the clock on the new Android 12 lockscreen?

6 Likes

Should be under Display → Lock screen → Double-line clock, but well, it isn’t.

Seems like Google added that option in Android 12 after the general release, but only for Pixels, and from what I can tell it’s supported on other devices starting with Android 13. I believe I’ve had this option on 12 on the FP4 as well, so there might still be hope that it’s going to get backported before Android 13 ships :crossed_fingers:

Oh and welcome to the community BTW :wave:

5 Likes

Miss rae already

Came down on Tesco (MVNO of O2) in UK around 1030 this morning.

I’m having reservations about the change to the notification pulldown. “Put round corners on everything”
Biggest changes that I have noticed are:

Home Assistant controls have moved from the power button menu to the notification pulldown.
Extra Dim in Accessibility finally allows 0% brightness to be truly dim instead of 20-30%.
System font has changed.
Lock screen clock is HUGE!

1 Like

You may understand why I am a bit nervous…

1 Like

Oh wow, mine never did that and I wish it used 5 GHz but that option was never available :thinking:

I tested now and the behavior is the same as on a11 - I select 2.4 and the phone makes a 5 GHz hotspot somewhere around channel 116. Selecting the 5 GHz option fails.

1 Like

@zetrick I haven’t noticed any sluggishness whatsoever with mine, however mine was sparingly used as I recently before the update (A week or so beforehand) did a reset. I find the animations slower but not sluggish.

If anyone else experiencing this could do that screen recording would be nice tho. I’m interested to see this sluggishness people seem to experience to see if I have it and it’s just a matter of speeding up animations.

2 Likes

Anyone else not having the Mic and Camera quick toggle switches? I can’t find them in my quick settings editor

1 Like

Indicators for Alarm and Timer are missing in Statusbar.

3 Likes

Ha, found it. Developer options->Quick settings developer tiles, and there you can show or hide it. I had it checked, so I unchecked, checked again, and voila, it is there! Unofrtunately, its position cannot be altered and it always sits on the first quick settings position…

I don’t remember setting this up on A11 when I received the phone, so it has to be something new to A12 probably…

1 Like

Haven’t known this existed! Thanks, that’s a great usability boost :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:es: Actualización a Android 12 descargada, instalada y funcionando en FP4 con eSIM de Pepephone.
Gracias.
:uk: Android 12 update downloaded, installed and running on FP4 with Pepephone eSIM.
Thank you.

Oh, that’s actually missing, at least for me…

But I can confirm that with A11 5ghz Hotspot doesn’t work, when I connect to it, it is only 2,4

1 Like

I have a camera quick toggle, but can only seem to use it to start the camera app.

However, when the camera or microphone is active, a green dot appears on the status bar. Sliding the status bar down will turn it into a clickable icon from which you can change privileges for the app that’s currently using them.

1 Like

Update Switzerland. Swisscom no update at all until today. Neither Android 12 nor security update. Still on 5 November 22. Neither Swisscom nor Fairphone says anything about it. One probably does not want to hurt each other :thinking::thinking::thinking: