Yes of course, all possible combinations
But that doesn’t help because the domain has no valid certificate.
The information came from my own IT department after I called them for help. They know the solution, but they won’t apply it any time soon. In any case, as an end-user there’s nothing you can do.
To illustrate that wi-fi can be weird: with me, the upgrade to Android solved a woody problem problem: I could never log in to my employers wi-fi at my own office, but at all other locations where this same network (eduroam) was present, it connected without problem. This issue disappeared with the upgrade.
IT can see at RADIUS and you can with developer options enabled there’s an option to debug on your side.
I use the same feature on my FP4 (as successor of my FP3 which is my backup phone; I just started it up with Android 11 and it works). However you have not selected a CA certificate (I use a self-signed one, so I must select it) which means it uses the ones available on system (hence no option). Online status is for CRL (certificate revoked list). These are certificates which used to be valid but are not longer, it allows the admin to revoke a cert for example in case of private key compromise. I also remember than in Android 11 (in contrast to Android 10) you had to specify the domain if you add a new entry. Although this article here does not mention it https://www.xda-developers.com/android-11-break-enterprise-wifi-connection/
In short I suggest you try with adding the domain. Ask IT for it if you don’t know.
I have this problem too now. I’m using eduroam at my workplace, it always worked fine with my FP3. After the upgrade to Android 11 it worked as well, but now after a scheduled forced password change I cannot enter the new password into my FP3. I couldn’t change the password without also entering a domain which I think was not the case before, and with the domain authentication does not work.
According to our IT department the domain does not have to be entered, and my Mac only asks for my username and password and connects without a problem.
I also tried the official eduroam installer app which creates a WiFi profile, but that too does not work. I’ve asked around and none of my colleagues using Android phones have this problem.
I had tried that, along with many other things. I thought I had exhausted all options but while writing this reply it occurred to me that I hadn’t tried the TLD in capital letters. And it works. Lowercase doesn’t work, uppercase does.