Address for return

Thanks for the kind words :smile:

I just sent you the instructions to do so. Sorry for being so late! Please reply to the email might anything be unclear.

Hey Lisa, Iā€™ve replied to your email! Thanks for your patience!

I see that you were in touch with a colleague this morning! Sorry about the phone lines - we only have two and they are really busy latelyā€¦ so we are considering increasing capacity.

Indeed, the issues I had with my phone are now resolved. Thanks!

congrats to you and enjoy!
(i had problems with charging it, again and hands free communication is bad quality, but otherwiseā€¦)

Hi Michael, does you know the adress for returning the phone? ā€œSupportā€ does not reply and Iā€™m running out of the 14-day Periode. I have a big problem with my display, sometimes it stays black or makes different problems. I got my Phone last Friday. Thanks, Johanna Eppler

Contacting support during the the 14-day period is enough, you donā€™t need to actually send the phone in this period. This was stated by FP staff somewhere in this topic :slight_smile:

If there is a problem that came with the phone you donā€™t need the 14 day period anyway ā€¦

Hey, Iā€™ve asked a colleague to get in touch with you today! Sorry for replying late.

Johanna, you just have to be patient. My return-procedure took more than five weeks and costed only a ton of nerves. And I had to write only several times to get any reaction, mostly excuses and apologies. Today I got a reply, that the money will be send back: Great! Although, I dont have it back yet, so letā€™s see how long that will take.
Honestly, I never wittnessed such a complicated, time consuming, unprofessional and over all nerv-costing return procedure; accompanied by the worst customer-support I ever saw.
I switched to Samsung now; itā€™s not fair, but it works, the customer support is worth to be called so und return procedure (if needed) ist fast and easy.
Fairphone: Never ever again!!
Saving the world makes no sense when you are not able to enjoy this world because of a nervous breakdown!

Hi Michiel,

now my phone is sitting since 2 weeks at Returns management (RMA reference: 101220897790) - and again nothing is happening - this is a ridiculous service. Never had that on any other internet orders - are you having party days for chinese new year with your production colleagues?

After I borrowed you my money for so long time, you should be a bit more troubled to refund me fast and courteously.

Thanks, Achim

Hey Achim,

I can assure you were are not relaxing here because of Chinese new year, we are all working very hard to clear backlogs. Having very limited capacity and resources this is not proving to be easy, but we are trying our best. I have just refunded you, so the money should be back within 5 working days. Again, apologies for the long waiting time!

Still waiting for a further reaction for ticket #79918/#84000. The last reaction was on 28 January. Could you, @anon48893843, look into it and say in which queue the ticket is hanging?

Iā€™ve asked Reent, who was handling your request, to come up with a solution today. Thanks for your patience!

1 Like

I also ordered two phones, one for me and one for my brother. While my phone never has said problems, my brotherā€™s phone is borderline useless. I tried all the workarounds mentioned in this thread which didnā€™t help. Since the packaging of the phone was also broken when it arrived, I assume it to be a hardware issue.

I submitted a support ticket requesting a return of the phone explaining the problem in detail. But so far I havenā€™t heard back from Fairfone and itā€™s been almost 2 weeks now. At the moment said phone is not usable and I really would like to get a second usable phone. Iā€™m considering just sending the phone back requesting a repair - since contacting support doesnā€™t help. Any tips?

Perhaps you can send a PM to @anon48893843 to get an answer.

Hey navigium, I have just sent you a PM via Zendesk. Apologies for not replying earlier, we are a bit swamped with work at the moment. But we are increasing the capacity, so help is on itā€™s way! In the meantime we do what we can. Thanks for your patience!

I received the refund for my additional batteries and back cover. So the ticket is solved to my satisfaction.

2 Likes

@ Achim, i know itā€™s more than annoying to have a not working smartphone. But to say never Fairphone never again, is may not so fair. Perhaƶs you just have to much unluke with your FP.
So my opinion would be to give them later, may be in three years, another Chance. :-/

@ all waiting once, i know you need more then patience, but FP may havenā€™t enought staff, may be the will think about to hire more. So they would have two or three who work feedback and complaint files.

Ben

1 Like