Address for return

Hi, thank you. Until now I didn’t tried to reset the FP2 and yes I should do. But at the moment I can’t. I will get in contact with the support on next Monday - then I will decide what to do.

hi freibadschwimmer,

thx for your reply, but i already tried that.
it seems to be that it doesnt want to be my phone…

Dear Michiel,

have sent my original request on Jan. 10th to return my Fairphone and meanwhile have sent several reminders. Even on Facebook I have posted my problem, but no result. Can you help to advice me the adress for returning the phone.
Thanks for urgent help and assistance.
Bernd

@Bernd_Schinke: I think sending your return request within 14 days would be enough to be able to return the phone with a refund even if they need longer than the 14 days after delivery. No court would agree if the seller refuses to take back the items because the seller is late at reading his e-mails. The customer has done his part. So calm down and wait patiently.

2 Likes

Hey Bernd,

Our apologies for the delay, I have just emailed you!

What you are saying is completely true. Although it is a pity that we can’t answer all our emails in time, letting us know that you want to send it back within 14 days is sufficient.

2 Likes

I have sent you instructions on how to ship your phone back to us earlier today. Sorry for the delay!

Hi Michiel, again I am waiting since one week after my request for return was placed into another portal

and again nothing is happening. All together it is three weeks now! I want to return my phones NOW and I do need my money back NOW. Please expedite.

Thank you,
Achim

after entering my data to the portal harras-cd mentioned, im also waiting for two days now, which was the time period to get the answer.
wish, i could help more than requesting my money back…
since i dont have work at the moment… you dont look for employees for work from home, do you?

update. i looked it up, some informations seemed to be missing. seems to be there was a data loss while saving.
but when i entered the data again, it created a second request - this time to replace the phone.
there is no possibility to change that request or wipe it…
it is a little bit complicated and bound to several steps of work, also for you, you know…
i want the return adress since the day after i got the phone and need support in getting it, while your staff and working ressources seem to be overwhelmed…

Hallo Michiel,
after several tries, I am pretty much sure I have recieved a DOA-phone, since part of the screen is not responding to touch. I do not want a refund, I’m still into the idea of supporting FP, but a replacement… How should I behave? I contacted the support team about ten days ago, but I recieved no answer. Does the 14 days policy apply also for replacement requests?
Thanks for everything

A replacement is under guarantee. So it’s valid for 2 years :slight_smile:

warranty is longer as 14 days, but doing the doa(? i dont know thiese abbreviations, but they are used from fairphone themselves) request is also possible in the return-webmask.
so, you will get an answer by michiel, probably…

i admire your persistence…
well, i could use the phone für ten minutes, only…
i honestly dont know, if i want a replacement…
i could make use of the money atm…

I have registered with the return portal and added the phone. Nothing happened since. Can anyone tell me what I need to do?
Many thanks,

Davide

DOA, (dead-on-arrival) just means that wasn’t working as soon as it arrived. Just read in the support page, I thought it was a specific term, but I’m totally ignorant in the field.

I’m a positive dreamer, therefore the wait and the hope to recieve answer in time. A dreamer however almost without a phone since some months, I admit it!

you got me into thinking…
i tried to charge my fairphone with a third cable and it seems to charge…
the other cables were ok, i used them on my old phone…
and the charger is the same i tried with the other two cables…
the difference may be, its a black cable, the two white ones didnt work (ok, bad joke)
the black one has a rather short plug…
are there any problems known about this?

well, i will try to start it when the battery is fully loaded…

thx giorgio for getting me into thinking again…
never give up, seems to be…

i will decide on sending it back or using it when i see, if it really worked…
until then…

If you get a problem, please read here about a workaround for the many apps and read here know bugs some with workaround.

1 Like

Yes, there is already a long topic about this in the forum. Some people there had to try quite a few different chargers.

ok…thank you!

charger i have "only2 two…
but cables i have several, and tried 5? cables…

btw, update: fairphone 2 works atm without flaws…
maybe it wants to be my phone, now?

2 Likes

Great! I’m glad to hear that :+1:

hi there, i received my phone almost two weeks ago. i sent several emails, reporting a damage. the phone is not yet in use. so far i did not get any response at all. i am wondering when i will get a response and i am wondering what i should do now. how does it work if i want to send it back?
any ideas?