Accsoon M1 and connection to FP4

I bought the accesory Accsoon M1 and tried to install it on my phone. It is a device and a app with which I could turn my phone in an external monitor on my camera.
When I connect all , the first message that comes up is > this app has not been granted recording rights, but could capture audio via this usb device.
The second message > some phones need to turn on the OTG?USB switch to access USB devices, otherwise Accsoon SEE cannot display the screen. Please search and turn on OTG/USB in you phone setting.
I have searched in my phone, but cannot find the above settings. Can anybody help me or has experience with this device and app?
Thanks in advance

Welcome to the community :wave:

First go to Settings, search for the name of the app, select it and make sure you have everything under Permissions enabled.

If that’s not enough to make it work, check if you have a notification along the lines of “Charging this device over USB”, select it and make sure you have something other than “No data transfer” enabled.
You might have to try the different options, without that device in hand I can’t tell you what the right one should be, sorry.

Thanks for the welcoming!
And for your response.
Yes, I already gave the permission to the app.
Well, I played with it again, but never did come up the “charging this device over USB” …
I wait a bit. Maybe somebody else has experience. And if no, I will contact the Accsoon people - if possible.

If you don’t get a notification about USB charging, the device doesn’t seem to supply the phone with power.
Is it supposed to? :thinking:

Try searching the Settings for “USB controlled by”, if the first two options are greyed out, there might be a problem with the USB cable.

No, the device is not supposed to charge the phone. In the manual it says: if you need to charge the phone or power the camera, please insert the NP-F battery. But my phone and camera don’t need to be charged …
USB settings have 2 options. 1) usb managed by conncected device and 2) this device. When I want to switch to “this device” the message comes up: cannot switch".

Alright, that at least indicates the USB connection is working.

When you have the app open and you unplug / plug-in the device, do you get any messages on the screen? :thinking:

Hi, yes, these messages appear:
When I connect all , the first message that comes up is > this app has not been granted recording rights, but could capture audio via this usb device.
The second message > some phones need to turn on the OTG?USB switch to access USB devices, otherwise Accsoon SEE cannot display the screen. Please search and turn on OTG/USB in you phone setting.
As said before, the app has rights. About the 2nd message: no idea where this OTG/USB switch is …

Strange that you still get the first message, I’ve tried the app yesterday and after granting it all permissions that didn’t show up again :thinking:

The second one is just a generic reminder, I don’t think that gets shown because the app has detected a malfunction.
USB OTG is a specification that lets you connect USB devices to the phone, e.g. USB sticks. The FP4 supports that out of the box, there isn’t really anything to enable, you can just connect a USB stick and the phone will ask you if you want to access it.

My guess is that somehow the permissions for the app don’t get saved correctly and it otherwise might work. Could you make a screenshot of the permissions page, so I can compare that to the permissions the app shows / asks for on my phone :pray:

hi hallo, well I have news. In a camerashop we tried the whole thing (device and app) on a different camera and that worked!! So, the problem is not with the fairphone, but I have to update my camera! Thanks for all your brainwork (-;

2 Likes

Any time, glad you found the problem :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.