A well-suited powerbanks charger for the first generation Fairphone?

Dear community,

Do you have a recommendation for a well-suited powerbanks charger for the first generation Fairphone?

I look forward to your advice and experiences.

Thankfully,

~Robert

I would assume you could choose almost any powerbank since the most powerbanks has usb. You simply connect a usb-microusb chord to your powerbank and there you go :slightly_smiling:

Dear Holewa,

Thank you very much for your response!

Are there any powerbanks you can specifically recommend, maybe because they are of especially high quality or of high ethical standards (i.e. in line with Fairphone’s principles)?

Thankfully,

Robert

It largely depends on how much power you want. I wanted something highly portable so went for one of these:

It seems to work well with the Fairphone 2 (apart from the odd reboot of course :wink: I see no reason it wouldn’t work well with the FP1.

Obviously not ethical though.

1 Like

Thank you Jon!

I followed your recommendation and just purchased one.

I assume it is very difficult to get an ethical powerbank… :frowning:

Thankfully,

~Robert

Too bad. WakaWaka would have suited your ethical standards better.

4 Likes

Hi Martin,

Luckily I ordered on Amazon and could reverse the order.

And now I am looking for a second-hand Waka Waka charger.

Thank you so much for reminding me about its existence!

~Robert

Be careful with used powerbanks, as the battery can be pretty much worn out. Here is a quote from Waka Waka’s FAQ:

1 Like

Thank you Stefan!

Luckily I found an almost new second-hand device on eBay.

I am excited to join another (solar-powered) movement. :slightly_smiling:

You’re a great community!

~Robert

1 Like

While solar is a nice idea, the battery isn’t big enough to give a full charge to a Fairphone.

Hi Jon,

Are you sure?

The website states:

Charges:
Smartphone in ~2 hrs

I assume that charging means “fully charged”.

~Robert

Fairphone 2 battery: 2420 mAh

Waka Waka Power+ battery: 2200 mAh

–> do the math :slight_smile:

As root says. It will charge most of the battery, but technically will be 220mAh short. I thought the statement on their website a little misleading.

However, I just realised the thread title to refer to the first FairPhone. Maybe the Waka thingy is sufficiently sized for FP1.

You are right, I’d forgotten it was for the FP1, it will charge your battery!

1 Like

You are right, I’d forgotten it was for the FP1, it will charge your battery!

Thanks @Jon1, this statement makes me feel good with my decision then! :slightly_smiling:

~Robert

Dear community,

I just wanted to proudly let you know that I have received my second-hand (but well maintained) WakaWaka charger. :slightly_smiling:

Warmly,

~Robert

3 Likes