Wired earplug doesn't work on my FP3

I’ve not been wanting to use a wired earplug with my new phone until today. It turns out it doesn’t work. I tried three pieces that all work on other devices so it is the phone. Now my question(s):
how do I diagnose what part isn’t working?
can it be software related?
bluetooth headphones work but sometimes I just can’t or won’t use those, so I really need this fixed.
tia

Fairphone asks everyone with an FP3 issue to contact Fairphone Support about it:

Please note that this does not necessarily mean that your issue is caused by the problem described above. I just linked to it to underline that Fairphone wants to hear of such problems to find out about them and (hopefully) their causes.

Contact form can be found here: https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I recommend that you specify the exact type of your wired earplug in your request.

2 Likes

Hi,

I have just tried the audio jack on my FP3 and it works as advertised (Spotify w/ a Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro). Maybe the bumper keeps the plug from snapping into place correctly??

Best wishes,
Thomas

3 Likes

Nah, tried without bumper as well.

Then it’s probably about time to open up a support case. Sorry to hear.

Same for me, is it a bug ?

I think since the last software update it has somewhat changed. Sometimes the headphones work, but audio seems to start late, both with headphones and on the speaker, meaning that I have to start something over or miss the first few lines or so.