Wifi sleep policy on fp4

Hello!

I want my phone to switch off wifi when my phone is idle / in sleep mode. But I can’t find the sleep setting on my fp4. It should be in wifi-settings → advanced → keep wifi on during sleep mode: always / only when plugged in / never.

Can anyone help me out?

Kind regards,
Willeke

That feature doesn’t exist on stock FPOS as far as I can tell. Which phone did you use that feature with before? :thinking:

I have a similar feature on non stock, but can’t find it on a stock installation.

The only option I can think of is manually switch off and on the WiFi in the pulldown menu.
Swipe from top to bottom and tap on the WiFi symbol.

Hi Hirnsushi,

It was actually on both my former android phones. (a samsung and a bq). I loved it because it is a battery saver and reduces useless radiation.

After some more googling I see that it was removed since Android 8 :frowning:

I did find some hints about battery saving apps that have this option. So I am now trying some of them.

Willeke

Hi Lidwien,

Yes, that is also a possibility, but not what I am looking for!

Kind regards,
Willeke

Did it switch the Wi-Fi back on when you unlocked the phone, by sleep I imagine you mean locked.

RE The battery and radiation. I usually have the Wi-Fi off and only use when I want and then switch if off as indicated by @Lidwien, above

@anon9989719, yes, that is what I mean. I guess I have to grow some new brain connections and change my habit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, there are apps in F-Droid that let you schedule the phone behavior, at least one. Don’t remember the name… it was a bit complicated for me. I think there is the chance to set something like “wifi on/off on unlock/lock”
Maybe someone could be more precisely than me.

You could look at this, I haven’t investigated in any detail, you can get it form the F-Droid habitat

1 Like

The app “tasker” should be able to do this. But it’s no free app.

3 Likes

Easer is FOSS and can do that as well, I’m quite happy with it :slightly_smiling_face:
It’s only available on F-Droid, as far as I can tell.

3 Likes

Thank you all for thinking with me! I will try the solutions that you gave me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.