Why Android and nothing else?

That was about the company that assembles the phone, not the company that supplies the chipset.

I completely ran into that because of not reading carefully. Of course you are right, they don’t talk about Mediatek in this specific sentence.

The original problem that caused @wlendl’s resentment is a small detail:
It is very difficult to place a widget at the top of the screen without accidentally removing it, since the red “remove” area is right there.
But this is not at all a general Android issue of course. That widget can be restored in seconds. I don’t know if all Android devices have that red remove area at that position.

It would be better to have that red area closer to the corner or the edge.

I know -but the phone is quite slow indeed… I even would sell mine for little more than the cost of shipping if sure that’s for being really used. But with a single-touch capacitive relatively small screen, and a very old processor… it’s nowhere near what you geeks are considering at this moment :wink:

you did check out the link to the website I posted, right?

That one is the future model, I was talking about the previous one (and only existing at this moment) -the one called ‘openmoko’ indeed…
BTW the future Neo, with actual keyboard, would be quite interesting to me. I already know two potential customer around here. But I spent a lot on Openmoko at the time, and, for the first model the result was nothing near what we get today with FP for instance.

1 Like

It will take time for learning new eco system, especially when you are from a strict controlled iOS to Android

Hope you give it another try

Ooooh yeah, it works – all kinds of ways. Wifi connectibility e.g. has not fully recovered since the dreaded iOS 8 upgrade and BlueTooth is no better, not even under iOS 8.4.

So much for «it always works»…