Which launcher App could really replace Nova Launcher

Since the news about the dev crew being minimized for Nova launcher I started looking for real and good replacement solution.
Any idea for a seriously good replacement?
The only thing I found so far that seems to be maintained still is Total launcher

2 Likes

I personaly switched to using “Kvaesitso” from f-droid.

Its kinda an unique looking launcher.

Have you already faced any disadvantages using Nova?
For me, it’s still working fine.

1 Like

No, love it and I use since my first Galaxy S1, I guess it was the second app (Prime) I bought for Android.

I just want to be prepared in case the one man dev cannot cope with the requests from the users or in case the one person gives up at a certain point in time

My favorites are Neo Launcher (a lot of features) & Fast Draw (minimalistic but very user friendly), both are open source.

Lawnchair if they ever bother releasing a stable version again.

1 Like

for those unaware, like me until 3 minutes ago: Nearly everyone working on Nova Launcher has been laid off - The Verge

and a statement from the main dev: State of Nova Launcher | Nova Launcher

8 Likes

I use Microsoft launcher. I am happy about it.

2 Likes

People on the ars technica discussion about Nova were enthusiastic about https://niagaralauncher.app/, so that’s my replacement choice right now.

3 Likes

Yup I’ve been using this for the past few months. I bought the paid version even! It works great and it has everything I’d ever want from a launcher.

I tried KISS Launcher several years ago and it works perfectly for me.
Very simple, fast and I have 5 favorites.
The rest is just an easy search away.

KISS Launcher

1 Like

I’m also very happy with Niagara. I would not say it’s a direct replacement for Nova – I assume someone using Nova will like the stock-but-better experience, and Niagara very much has its own character.

But yes, would fully recommend giving Niagara a spin! This is my setup:

3 Likes