Where to download the FP3-REL-Q-3.A.0136-.gms-7c69ec7e-user-fastbootimage.7z?

Hello,

I am looking for FP3-REL-Q-3.A.0136-.gms-7c69ec7e-user-fastbootimage.7z. I can’t seem to find it… I only found these :

The reason I want to download the 3.A.0136 is because my phone is stuck on the turn on page and I have the error “Can’t load Android system. Your data may be corrupt.” and I don’t want to do a factory reset as I don’t want to loose my data. My current version, as displayed on the error page of the phone, is 10/8901.3.A.0136/gms-7c69ec7e. So I would like to re-download it to try either one of these processes :

And I am afraid that if I use the latest 11/8901.4.A.0013 (android 11) instead of my current 10/8901.3.A.0136 (android 10), I loose my data in the process.

To summerize, my question is in fact 2 questions :

• Where to download FP3-REL-Q-3.A.0136-.gms-7c69ec7e-user-fastbootimage.7z ?
    AND/OR
  • Will the processes to reboot whithout loosing my data work if I use the latest OS version, 8901.4.A.0013, instead (but it’s android 11 whereas I am apparently still with Android 10, so my guess is it wont work) ?

Thanks in advance for any help !

Best regards

Elise

Is your bootloader already unlocked? If not you will loose all data definetly. Otherwise a downgrade will also normally erase all data, an upgrade probably not.

1 Like

Thank you for your fast answer. How do I know if my bootloader is unlocked ? If I have never done it myself previously does it means it is necessarily locked ?

Even if the upgrade is meant for Android 11 whereas I am still on 10 ? Does it mean the latest version includes updating android from 10 to 11 on my phone ?

I am sorry if my questions seem silly, I don’t know much about how phones work yet.

So if you didnt buy second hand or someone else did any flashing in your name on your device the bootloader is locked, thats how the phone is shipped.

You can check by starting the bootloader menu, the last line will show device state locked or unlocked.
https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048646311-FP3-Manage-the-bootloader

yes it would include the upgrade to Android 11.

Do you have an SD card inserted? Do you now how its fromatted, internal extension or external/mobile?

try to take out the SIM cards and try to restart the system.

Can you start the save mode? How to is described here dic:safemode

1 Like

Ok thank you, I bought it new and never unlocked it so it’s locked probably.
I don’t have an SD card, and I have already try to restart after taking out my SIM card. Unfortunately it goes on the same error page “Can’t load android system. Your data may be corrupted.”

You are saying that if my bootloader is locked which seems to be the case I will not be able to perform the processes I wanted to try ? There is no way to unlock it without having access to the phone ? (I have tried tu plug my phone to my computer as well to see if I could do something from there, but my computer don’t even acknowledge the presence of my phone).

mostlikely there is no way to save your data while your bootloader is locked…

not sure about this, never tried it and still absolutely no guarantee…

example here that it might be possible to not loose data

1 Like

oh oh…
Alright I am going to check your links. Thank you for your time and help !

I have checked this article : Fairphone 3 unlocking without oem unlocking to unlock but there are two steps described as :

• fastboot flash devinfo devinfo-unlocked.gpx
  • fastboot reboot bootloader
    and I have no idea what that means, are they commands I have to write somewhere ? But where ? I don’t get it. I am trying to find the meaning on internet, how to flash stuff on a phone but I can’t find anything clear. I have downloaded adb but I don’t know how to open it, there’s a sort of terminal window that shows up and then it’s gone in a matter of 1 second.

Can someone explain what I am missing ?

Maybe this gives a hint or you might know someone who has some experience to help you with this?

Or maybe read this

1 Like

Here’s a very good and short 1 page introduction to the basics of the command line …

https://tutorial.djangogirls.org/en/intro_to_command_line/

1 Like

Thank you for your advice. I made it work, meaning passing the bootloader to unlocked and then install the latest fairphone OS from my computer. But it ended up not doing what I would have liked and ended by a factory reset anyway. I lost my time and my data but at least I tried and understood a few things !

Thank you for your fast answers and help. Have a good day/evening.

2 Likes

To let anyone interested in this issue know, Fairphone support has answered me and advised me to " click once on the power button within 30 seconds, your device should boot and work as usual. If you wait more than 30 seconds, your device will power off. In this case, you can simply power it on and try again.". Too late for me so I can’t tell if this simple step would have been enough to solve the problem. But it doesn’t hurt to try if you encounter the problem I had.

thanks for this feedback and as this would really be a simple solution, I marked this post as the solution so that hopefully others find it easily to test it.

This should indeed be a simple solution for encountering this screen upon boot, and then the solution for the moment would be given on the screen already (just press the power button to continue to boot normally) …

(Source, and this boot message can be disabled.)

It should not be a solution for encountering this other screen corresponding to the “Can’t load Android system. Your data may be corrupt.” message given in the opening post …

(Source, randomly grabbed from the internet)

1 Like

Ok I should read better…I overlooked the word within 30 sec and misread to hold the power button for. 30 sec, so will untick the solution mark as it does not make sense.

1 Like

Thinking about it, pressing the power button to confirm “Try again” can be a solution for this screen, I’ve seen “Try again” actually boot the OS just fine afterwards in such a situation, but still the 30 seconds play no role then.

1 Like

Indeed - Try again doesn’t always work but sometimes it does so it’s worth the shot.

The 30 seconds don’t necessarily apply to the Recovery screen but the end result of following the instruction is still the same. This compromise allows us to have a single message template for both error screens. This way even if the issue description is unclear or the agent handling the ticket is not familiar with the ins and outs of booting errors, the case can still move forward.

That said, nothing is perfect and if you have any suggestions about how to improve our instructions, I’ll be happy to take a look.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining.

I’m not convinced taking shots before establishing the actual situation should necessarily be a model approach, but I can perfectly understand the priority to move forward in helpdesk conditions if there’s no harm being done in any scenario still possible.

I guess you would have an advice included that the user would need to be sure not to have touched any of the volume buttons after the screen appeared :wink: .

1 Like