When I send texts with Mighty Text from my PC, they don't show in messages on my FP2

I use Mighty Text on my PC to send a lot of texts via my phone. (mightytext.net) It works very well, and is an easy way to send bulk texts, and quickly type stuff. On my previous phone, all the texts I sent via Mighty Text appeared also on my phone. Using the FP2 the texts I send do not appear on the phone screen at all. Mighty Text are blaming the customisation of the OS on the phone.

The texts do send ok, they just don’t appear in the history on the phone. They appear in the history on the PC screen. This is a shame, as it is a really good feature.

Has anyone else had this problem? Am I missing a setting somewhere, or is this really a software bug on the FP2?

Try Re-enable Privacy Impact by unticking the option found at:
Settings > Sound & Notifications > Privacy Impact
and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks, just tried that, but no it did not make any difference.

I guess Mighty Text has a server part (i.e. an app) that should be installed on the phone to work. Is this app enabled as the default SMS app? (System settings — More [Wireless & networks section] — Default SMS app)

After some specific Android version I can’t recall, only the selected as default SMS app can write SMS on the phone storage. The normal, vanilla Messaging app (or any other SMS app installed) can still read them, though.

Thanks tried that. Mighty Text phone app being the default app will then not let Messages be sent from the phone.

That’s the expected behaviour. Only one app can write SMS at the same time. If you want to send SMS with both apps, you should change the default on demand. Bad user experience, I know…

1 Like

Ok, thanks, I understand that, but why is this only an issue on the FP2? It was not an issue on my Samsung and no other users of Migthy Text are reporting this as an issue?

It should act the same on any device with Android ≥ 4.4 (KitKat), because that’s the version where Default SMS app was included. What Android version runs your Samsung device?

PD: I found an official (and slightly technical) text which explains the behaviour I described earlier on this topic: https://developer.android.com/reference/android/provider/Telephony.html (Creating an SMS app section)

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.