When can you expect the next batch of FP2 to be delivered?

Hi,
I have been told by the Phone Coop in the UK that Fair[phones are out of stock and I will have to wait until September for a FP2. Is this correct? Why is there a waiting list? I am unimpressed because my FP1 has broken after only 2 1/2 years and despite promises of sustainability (one reason why I bought FP1) I cannot get a spare or a new phone.

Only the Phone Co-Op can tell you when you can get a Fairphone from the Phone Co-Op.
Fairphone doesn’t produce FP2s in batches, but there is a waiting list because demand is higher than supply. If you go to shop.fairphone.com you’ll see when you can expect to receive the FP2 if you order now.

1 Like

Have you considered the Refurbished - New Life Edition @ £385 upon which I couldn’t find a mark on my example and still get 2 Yr warranty?
https://www.thephone.coop/personal/phones/fairphone/Refurb-FP2-Handset-only/

As you are in the UK you might like to follow this Ebay auction (last three FP2 on Ebay sold from £240-330 dependent upon condition and time of day auction finished), although absence of seller feedback may be discouragement from bidding:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fairphone-2-Brand-new-boxed-and-unused-/182698402031?hash=item2a89ac60ef:g:KhQAAOSwsjRZgZ3-

You would have time to discuss with seller whether prepared to transfer warranty to successful purchaser following this resource:
Process is explained here: How to safely sell or buy a second hand Fairphone

1 Like

Thanks Paul,

I might bid on the eBay phone. However after having another look I think Fairphone still have daughter boards for FP1s in stock and have managed to order one.

Best Regards,

Andy

Thanks Aspergerguy,

I might bid on the FP2 on ebay, it looks interesting.
However I have managed to order a daughter board from Fairphone, so hopefully that will fix the problem.

Best Regards,

Andy

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.