WhatsApp Audios

Hi everyone ! I recently bought a Fairphone 3+, but can’t send any vocal messages by WhatsApp. In fact, I can send them but there is no sound… I tried with earphones but it doesn’t work as well. Do you have the solution ?

Thank you very much for your help !

1 Like

Hi Line,

I have an FP3 on Adroid 10 and can send audio messages in Signal (I do not use WhatsApp) without issues. But others here have reported issues with mute audio recordings after the Android 10 update.

Can you record videos with sound in your camera app or are those silent, too?

Best wishes,
Thomas

The video are as well silent… and I am under Android 10… do you see a solution ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Line

Have you tried to reboot your phone? If that does not help, you might want to take a look at

3 Likes

Thank you for your help ! I rebooted my phone and everything’s fine now :slight_smile:
Have a nice weekend !

1 Like

I rebooted and it is still mute as a fish!! Shoul I take it back to the Fnac store where I bought it?
I don’t know what to do and it is not fun to pay such a price and discover that things don’t work fine…
Hope somebody can help

I just realized that it used to work. It probably got wrong whe. I shifted to Android 10…
May I shift back to Android 9?
Amitiés

I have the same problem with mine! If I reboot the phone, WhatsApp audios are not silent anymore.

I think this happens after making a regular call and talking on the phone

I’m having this problem and a reboot works for a short time. Is there a longer-term solution?

This is a quite old topic.
Which phone with which software version do you use?

FP3 with Android 11
I came across the news that FP is aware and working on it

Thats as old as this topic…

If you tap in settings->about on the android version you should see more details of the version. This week help to check if your phone is up-to-date.

I’ve just updated android 11 to .1.c1-00026-8953_GEN_PACK-1.356774.1.425464.1,.1.c1-00026-8953_GEN_PACK-1.356774.1.425464.1

to 4.9.227-perf+
#1 Tue Jul 5 18:38:01 CEST 2022

and the problem might be fixed!

This update didn’t fix the issue.

This is also a problem for me on my FP3. Whatsapp recordings and videos have no sound. Reinstalling whatsapp did not help. The FP update did not fix the issue. Rebooting does for short time only. FP helpdesk could not provide a solution either. It makes the phone pretty dysfunctional and decided to buy a new phone for this reason. What a pity!

I’m surprised it hasn’t been resloved, but then if you have a new phone are you still interested in finding a solution?

Dear Amoun, thank you so much, I am definitely interested in a solution!

Well if you have an alternate phone you can start by doing a factory reset and start from scratch.

Thank you, yes, that would be a last option, but even then, the issue might return if FP did not find a solution…