What is the best camera app for FP3?

Hello!

I am currently wondering if there is a best camera app to take photos. For now I have got a FP3 and a FP3+ (my wife).

What about the following apps?

• FP3 default camera app
  • LineageOS FP3 default app
  • Open Camera

Others?

Subsidiary question: is it possible to install the Fairphone cam app onto LineageOS?

Thanks by advance.

1 Like

If you are willing to try an app that is neither open source nor available through an app store, I would strongly recommend to try the unofficial port of Google’s camera app for their Pixel phones. You can see some photos taken with FP3s or FP3+s using this app here:

In my opinion, the difference the app makes is so much bigger than the difference between the FP3 and the FP3+ camera hardware.

5 Likes

Thank you for your answer @urs_lesse.

I have been having a try with that app, and this is good! I may use this one.

1 Like

Pay attention to selfie photos when you use this app – on my FP3+, this app only uses a fraction (4 MP) of the selfie camera+ resolution (16 MP). So for selfies, you might still prefer another app.
But for the main camera (rear camera), the photos are really better than with the default camera app. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.