Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Hi i am MoO, im German and i am looking for a new phone… so i endet upo here. And will post a request for a used one or buy a new one in November.

Greetz MoO

4 Likes

Welcome @Boennsche_Monkeys and @Morgano! :smiley:

I’m afraid our forum software Discourse handles pictures in this way and the procedure can’t be altered in the way you suggest. I believe that images get compressed anyways!?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Adjustments to the Forum software [Wiki Post]

Welcome!

I used to live in Bonn for most of my live :slight_smile:

Hello FP community!

My name is Rosi, I live in Wiener Neustadt, Austria.
I’m a first batch FP1 owner since january 2014 and it was my first smartphone.
The phone before was a Sony Ericsson Elm, selected by the fact it was a bit “greener” than other phones. When I first heard from the Fairphone idea in Summer 2013, I was totally on fire for this project!

Now I am really happy with my phone and also with my descision to live without GAPPS.
I’m hoping that my FP1 will last for a loong time (the battery have had been changed due bloating), and I’m thankful for the lasting support!

I wish a great weekend to everyone,
bye,
Rosi

5 Likes

Hi Rosi, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: Have you heard of the Austrian Fairphoners? :wink:

Yes, I’ve heard from your group!
Unfortunatly I couldn’t make it to the meetings because of schedule difficulties.

2 Likes

Ok, by now I already commented on posts a couple of times, so it’s time to introduce myself:
I am originally from Germany but have lived in France (Lille to be exact) the last 4.5 years. However, my PhD is finished and so will be my PostDoc contract by November. So, right now I am unsure where I’ll be exactly at the end of the year - depends on where my boyfriend and I will find work - but the plan is to head back to Germany mainly to be closer to (let’s make this “easier to reach”*) our families.

I follow the movement nearly from the start and hesitated in buying an FP1 but held back because I was unsure about non-Android OSes being available and ironically, because I found it too big…
In July, however, I ordered an FP2 - and yes, despite(!) its size - hoping against hope that some other OS (preferentially Ubuntu or Sailfish or at least a usable version of Cyanogenmod) might be ported to it.
From what I just wrote one might think that I am more concerned with open source than with the social impact of FP which is not exactly true - if not I would have headed to buy a Jolla phone - however, I think it would be the best of combinations of having a really open FP.
I am a great fan of the FP goals (not just the phone) and the movement and proud to finally being able to contribute to it.

Btw, I also like the forum quite a lot, already spent way too much time browsing through old and new threads :smile:

*If you don’t like ranting, just skip this paragraph ;):
It is a pain to book on SNCF/Bahn + sometimes Thalys or SNCB every time just to strand in Brussels for about 1.5 hours waiting for the TGV which takes 30 min to Lille on your way back home. Especially since my credit card often gets blocked automatically due to booking at the different train companies in a short time frame - apparently very suspicious.

8 Likes

Welcome, @merci! Yeah, you kind of started this thread. :wink:

I know what you mean, this forum is just too nice a place to not spend way too much time here… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi,

I am living in Dortmund (Germany).

First batch Fairphone owner. I present a second FP1(U) phone to a friend in India.

I support the aim of Fairphone project. I like this community for openness, Helpfully and friendly.

Apps on my Fairphone: AdAway, AFWall, App Settings(Xposed), Bahnhofstafel, Bittorrent Sync (Sync with my Synology NAS), CSip Simple, DB Navigator, Disbale Service, DuckDuckGo, F-Droid, F2L, Fritz!Fon, GravityBox (Xposed), Greenify (Xposed), HandyTicket, Kaiten Mail, KeePassDroid, MobileVoip, Notable, Nova Laucher, Oeffi, Oil File Manager, Open Camera, Power Toggles, Quick Pic, Red Phone, Root Explorer, SMSbackup+, Tasker, TextSecure, Twidere, Uninstall System App, VPNcilla, Xposed Framework, XPrivacy, Xabber Dev. - Thats all. ;D

I am a reader of Telepolis, der Standard, tagesanzeiger.

Nothing Special ;D

2 Likes

Welcome @nohwann! :slight_smile:

I see you are using Twidere, which suggests that you are on Twitter. Would you mind adding your username to this list? :wink:

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your welcome. I am not a active Twitter. Just only a reader. I follows some of intresting tweets, get Railway information lively (Its very important in Germany ;D ) and most imporatant world political news.

Any how my tweeter user name is: parthipan

1 Like

I’ve been active here for a while, but I’m not sure I ever actually introduced myself.

I’m Kevin!

I live in a lovely little village in northern England, and work in the digital team for a national health charity, where I manage our website, email and online tools.

I’m a member of my local Green Party and had been looking for an ethical phone for a while until I found Fairphone.

I got order 78 of FP2 :smile:

4 Likes

Welcome @kevr1990! :slight_smile:

I’ve seen you around the forum and found your posts quite interesting!

Thanks Stefan! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hi there,
my name’s Vlad, I’m from Leverkusen (a city directly adjacent to Cologne), Germany and born in Latvia. I’m an experienced Android app developer working at TriMeXa (a really awesome company in the city center), currently updating their apps to Android 5 and Material Design.
I registered not long ago even though I was around the forum reading many topics since January 2014 when I received my First Edition FP1. I’ve been using it very often for development since then. The best thing about the FP1 for me is that it comes rooted, which helped me a lot in developing specific apps. I really hope there’s a way to root the FP2 without losing warranty! But in any case, I preordered the FP2 early because my FP1 is pretty battered by now … I’m very happy that Fairphone exists, because it fits my lifestyle. Keep it up guys!

5 Likes

Oh dear, what do you do with your phone? A FP is supposed to last much longer than 2 years. :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Vlad! :woot:

Since you own a FP1 First Edition, I granted you the “Fairphone First Edition Owner”-badge. :slight_smile:

Hey, that is cool. Can I please get that badge, too? Pretty please :blush:. I’d love to show off that I’m a proud owner of a special first edition Fairphone :smiley:

3 Likes

Well … I don’t exactly remember how it happened, but it got a small crack falling from a height of only 20cm. Everything was ok then for a long time. One morning I took the phone to the kitchen and wanted to put it on the table. Somehow it slipped out of my hand and dropped to the tiled floor in the most stupid way possible. It cracked hard in the upper right corner, little smithereens broke off, and it got a long crack from there across the screen in a bow to the bottom right corner. From then on I started reading news about the FP2 almost daily :woot:

I think that was the point where the battery status started to go bonkers like jumping from 60% to 14%. When that happened again in the car I wanted to charge it, but it didn’t work right. I fiddled the cable about and tried to push it further in, which actually worked, but it seems the pushing damaged the USB connector even more. I had problems charging it ever since, always have to lay something under the cable to press it against the top of the connector. Only then it charges :confused:

I suppose I just was a little careless with my FP1. Or cursed. Or both. You can imagine how happy I was to find out the FP2 has an integrated bumper case :smiley:

Cool thanks :smile: Is there a “Fairphone First Edition Destroyer”-badge by any chance? :woot:

9 Likes