Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Hey @UncleBAZINGA, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: If you really give away your FP1U, look into passing it on to someone, who wants to keep using it (e.g. through the Unofficial Marketplace). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rest assured that I will do so when the time comes. I’ve never wasted any electronic devices, but sold them to someone who still has use for it :smile:

2 Likes

Hi,

Sylvie, from France.
I am really interested by this sustainable project.

Sylvie

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Sylvie! :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’m a Dutchman currently living in South Yorkshire, UK. I’ve been using my FP1 (one of the ones with etched message on the inside of the backplate) since I got it in January 2014. I especially like the dual SIM feature as I can easily combine SIMs from the UK and the Netherlands. I’m waiting to see for how long I can keep my FP1 alive - so far so good, though I suspect it won’t last longer than the 8 years of daily use that I managed on a single non-smart phone. I’ve been lurking (and later occasionally posting) on xda under the name 9x6 for a while now, but joined here to add some details in other threads/wiki posts.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Johannes! Great to see yet another First Edition Fairphone User. I’ll grant you the special badge! :slight_smile:

Also, you could add your xda-account here. :blush:

1 Like

Hi everyone!

My name is Benedikt. I live in a litttle Town near Vienna, Austria and work in a social project in Vienna that supports young people between 15-25 with their professional future plans, life orientation and many other needs.
I somehow ran into the fairphone project online in early 2013, when fairphone 1 was beeing planned. From the beginning i was amazed by this initiative. I didn’t order fairphone 1 because my phone still worked well at that time, altough it was quite hard to not buy it and support this in my opinion important historical process.
Nevertheless, i followed all the stories on the blog, and enjoyed seeing fairphone 1 become reality.

Today 2 years later i’m still hooked and finally ordered a fairphone 2 and will be the 90ieth Person to have it delivered :smiley:

So happy :smiley:

8 Likes

I am Tomboktu, a FP1 user who helped crowd source the phone. I and 10,184 others were in that group, according to me case. A pal told me yesterday he has pre-ordered FP2!

3 Likes

Welcome @Benedikt & @Cathal on the forum! :slight_smile:

@Benedikt: Have you heard of the the Austrian Fairphoners? You can send us an email at vienna[at]fairphone[dot]community to be notified of our next meetup. :smiley:

Thank you Stefan! :smile:

Jan Doggen from The Netherlands. FP1 owner number 16000 something IIRC. The availability of the FairPhone made me buy my first smartphone. I hope it stays the first for a long time :wink:

1 Like

@JanDoggen Welcome :slight_smile:

[quote]FP1 owner number 16000 something IIRC.[/quote] Must be saying “First Edition” on the back then, am I right? :blush:

1 Like

“Welcome” Your here longer than me :wink:

And now also under Badges :smile:

Hi everybody,

I just joined this Forum after pre-ordering a Fairphone 2.
I’ve never bought a mobile phone before. I’ve always been a second-hand mobile user, but the Fairphone project convinced me.

I use free software almost exclusively, so I’m quite happy that the Fairphone developers are embracing (free) software alternatives for the Fairphone 2 OS (blog link).

Greetings
Zapp

5 Likes

Wow, is it really possible.

I have been in this forum for so long and never introduced me?
I am a Fairphone First Edition Owner with that nice little engraving. I live in Rostock, Germany, and I just finished my studies in Computer Science. I am Interested in sustainable and responsible computing and i think the Fairphone is a very good step in that direction.

I use Linux on my PCs since roughly ten years, thought i also have a MacBook and Windows to play some games. Most thinks serious, I do on my Ubuntu Box.

5 Likes

@Zapp: Welcome to the forum, I hope you’ll enjoy the Fairphone 2! :smile:

Welcome to you too, @Ben! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My name is Reent and since a couple of weeks I have the pleasure to work in customer support at Fairphone! You won’t be reading much of me here since there are some great moderators at work and I am really glad that this forum is so accessible to everyone!

I went to the Hanseatic town of Deventer [Hanseatic here as well] 10 days ago where they had their annual used book market which is the largest in Europe and the book I was tempted to buy would have combined ideally some interests of mine. I am very lucky that Fairphone does the same because one day you are working at a company that produces a cool gadget which is a game changer, the other at one that fights for a better world and is on a mission and every day it’s this amazing journey with the people working here and people using the product.

So all of me in a nutshell: I talk too much :wink:

6 Likes

Hello nice people!

It’s three months now that I enjoy staying without any phone (the last one got a bit tooo wet when I was on a volcano and it started to heavily rain) and I always had only some old school ones. After some years that smartphones are around and I had my experiences hitchhiking and backpacking and feeling the ground and getting lost instead of counting all the time on a machine, I think that I’m ready to enjoy this technology. If the FairPhone wasn’t here, probably I would be still avoiding it all, but a trusted friend shown it to me and if there is a fair way, I think that I can go for it. The FP2 won’t be in my budget, though, so I’m going to look for a second hand one. Hopefully I would be fully a fan of this community very soon. If you’re selling yours, that’s the Unofficial Second Hand Fairphone Marketplace on the forum, and that’s my email:
eta489 AT gmail DOT com
:blush:

Cheerio *

PS. Oh, yes, some more about me? Well, I’m an artist, if you want to check my website out, please feel free! That tells a lot! :smiley:

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi at all, I am Daniele from italy and I have bought a Fairphone first batch first edition that I have sold very early, when I have realized that with that chipset there are no updates and/or alternative roms; now I have pre ordered the Fairphone 2 with the hope that it will be more open than the former.

I am an appassionate about free software and all the stuff related to the privacy

6 Likes