I must say I am getting very frustrated with my FP2. I got it in Feb 2019 so it´s a little over a year old. From the very beginning I´ve had issues with this particular one. Here are a few examples:
I have not been able to connect it to any computer in order to move photos and videos from the phone to the computer. The computer just doesn´t recongnise the phone and I am not able to put the phone in a transfer mode. There just isn´t anything like that in my phone. I wrote about it here last fall and did not get any answers that would have helped. I tried with two different cables and neither works. Meanwhile the same cables work just fine with my work phone, which is also android os. My phone just doesn´t have the options that other phones have for example in the thread that I linked above.
My phone keeps changing the wallpaper by itself to this default paper. Usually this is related to situations when my phone just freezes (at times in these situations it also reboots itself), which brings me to my next example.
My phone is extreeeeeemly laggy. To give you an idea of how laggy…
- I find it “hilarious” that when the phone is locked and I try to open the camera, it seems that the camera opens but then to really get to the point that you can press the shutter, the screen lock goes back on. So it takes so much time that the phone thinks I am not using it and auto locks itself again.
- My camera roll is full of photos of my pocket or blurred photos because often times (when I actually manage open the camera) I press the shutter but nothing happens. I think the camera just doesn´t work an put the phone back to my pocket and when doing so, the camera fires. On time I counted an it took 9 seconds from pressing the shutter to actually take the photo. And that was in a daylight and I had already focused the camera. This has got to a point that I just don´t use the camera anymore because it is practically unusable.
- I´ve missed calls (alot) because a) I hear that the phone is ringing but nothing happens on my screen. It´s just black. or b) The phone rings, I see who´s calling but when I try to answer, nothing happens. The screen is unresponsive and the phone keeps ringing.
- All the apps are veeery unresponsive, laggy and slow. We are talking like “it takes at least 10 seconds to open an app or a message for example” -slow.
- GPS locating on a map is very slow also. So much that I can´t use this phone for navigating, because it´s very likely that I miss the street because my phone thinks so long.
- I have big issues with the Bluetooth. For example my Garmin watch. The phone says it´s connected, but it actually is not. This happens every single time I try to sync the two and I have to forget the device and re-pair it.
So far I´ve rebooted the phone many times, I´ve reset to factory settings, I´ve tried different modes. I get that if the phone gets full of photos and other data, it might slow down but I´ve had no problem with my work phone which is also Android but Samsung, and has also at times been full.
I am also perfectly aware that when I bought this phone I bought it because of ethics and was aware that I don´t get the fastest processor on the market. I thought it´s the price you pay for a fairer world. However, I did not think that I get a phone that is so slow that lot of the time many of it´s functions are practically unusable. And I might add this weird and laggy behaviour is not something that happens every now and then but all the time. I might say its more likely to be laggy than work even decently.
In Finland we have a saying that something is “a monday piece”, which means that in general the product is good but you just got a “bad apple”. I hope mine is like that and other FP2s work better.
I also wish to know is there anything like a return or change policy?, if mine is a bad apple. As I said I´ve had problems from the day one. At first I thought this was something all Androids have (I had always had iOs phones), then when last fall I finally admitted this is not working the way it should, I´ve tried everything to get it work properly.
Do other FP users have had similar issues? I really love the idea behind FP and really hope this would work so is FP3 any better or do I just have to admit to myself that this is not the way for me to work for a better world and go back to iOs?