Vote for your favorite color - Fairphone 3 Cases!

More actual photos of the case can be found in the webshop now.

post_copy_5  ig_post_3
ig_post_6  ig_post_4

6 Likes

Photos are nice but the actual thing is better. I wish they would tell us when the case will be available, level with us a bit.

Just my guess: I would not expect it before 22 May (the discount code can be retrieved until 21 May).

Maybe the code is a clever way to find out how many people will show interest, so not to overorder?

I’ve been playing Animal Crossing and now I really want a case that looks like a Nookphone case :stuck_out_tongue:

The new black protective case can be bought in the Fairphone Shop now:

3 Likes

I’m just thinking should I pass. You can buy a new phone with that kind of money, and it’s not very green either. 37% made from biomaterials(what’s that?) just how biodegradable it is? I mean I see no innovation here.

In my view, biomaterials means that it is plastic made from plants (sugar or beetroot) or from plant waste and not from oil. So it generates less CO2. They are putting only one third of this probably because it is already expensive enough I think, or maybe because the properties of this new material are not as good as plastic from true petrol ? One other option is that humanity do not produce a lot of these biomaterials because we also need space to cultivate plants for our own consumption !
However, there are no clues that it is biodegradable. Oil is also from plants and animals at the beginning. The only advantage is that it pollutes less

39,95€ :sweat_smile::joy:

Well, if you followed the FP news you had the opportunity to get a 10€ discount.
29.99€ is still pricey, but no more than what Samsung and Huawei charge for their own protective cases…
You can also find generic protective cases that should fit for about 5€, or just decide that the bumper (which no other manufacturer provides with their phones AFAIK) is enough!

4 Likes

Is there an estimated release date for the green case yet?

1 Like

Ordered last week … will probably arrive tomorrow :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::+1:
Unfortunately, I missed this Euro 10 Offer, BUGGER!!!
Yes, pricey. But looking promising and accurate, so probably worth it, as I expect to use this phone for quite some years …

I’ll buy the “frosty” one as soon it is available😎

2 Likes

Does anybody know when Fairphone will start sending out the cases?
Ordered 2 weeks ago, nothing nil niente till now

1 Like

There was a first “unboxing” report yesterday:

3 Likes

Is the protective case softer than the bumper, which I don’t find pleasing to touch?

1 Like

Welcome to our community. I think it’s best if you ask your question in the topic I linked to above. :slight_smile: (I cannot answer it, I haven’t got any such case myself.)

1 Like

Usually and seemingly ironically it is the cheap budget type phones that come already with protective cases, some even include several, of different colors. The biggest part of the world is using phones bought cheaply, affordable, budget phones, and that means even below budget range of the developed countries. You cannot compete with this, so are we making progress? Or just playing the good guys.

2 Likes

@vowi Nothing arrived yet. I questioned Support about it, but no answer so far. :thinking:

1 Like

Welcome @Domin80 and @Nostalgia to the community :wave:
And thanks @urs_lesse for sharing the unboxing-photo.

2 Likes