Villain in Captain America monologues about working conditions in the smartphone industry

I’m a bit of a comic geek and occasionally check on the comic-book blogging community scans-daily. Thought you’d all appreciate this excerpt from a recent “Captain America” comic (the author of whom is very dedicated to raising awareness of modern-day issues), where a super villain monologues about the conditions for smartphone workers…and the conversation that got started in the comments section.

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/5880801.html?thread=168598753#cmt168598753

5 Likes

Hahaha! This is great! Kudos for you for getting the word out about it.

That is a creepy sequence. It’s so true. I’ll have to pick up the issue though… it feels wrong to have read four or five pages out of a book I haven’t bought.

1 Like

And consumerism strikes again! :wink:

1 Like

It’s not consumerism, if you pay after you have read something, is it? :wink: I’d call this appreciation of good work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As far as I know, the s_d community has a tacit agreement to only post ⅓ of any comic issue currently out so as not to spoil things, destroy copyright agreement etc. - and only after that issue has already been out for a month. So don’t feel too guilty.

Oh no! Its the Kobayashi Maru!