Video camera doesn't record the sound any more

My standard camera app doesn’t record the sound any more when I want to record a video. It’s not a problem with the mic since it works fine with other apps. I don’t record many videos so I can’t tell since when I have this problem, especially I don’t know if it was there before the update to 1.8.5 or not.

Try to install the update again (go to Fairphone Updater > Advanced Mode > Current version > Install).

Sometimes the update process goes wrong and needs to be done again.

It’s been a month, and only now I did what you suggested, reinstalling Kola Nut.
It didn’t help…

By ‘my standard camera app’ do you mean the app that is installed by default, or did you install another app?

If it is the default app, try toggling the microphone off/on in the settings for videos and set audio mode to normal, if you haven’t done so already. In the app enter settings by tapping the cog in the lower left corner of the screen, or tap the menu button. At the top of the menu choose the video camera to get to the relevant settings.
If you’re using another app, have you tried (after backing up your pictures/videos just in case) clearing the data for the app, or trying to reinstall the app?