Very slow camera app when taking pictures

I have a new Fairphone 4, and I really like it.
The only thing bothering me is the slow camera.

When I press the capture button, it waits a few seconds before the shot is taken.
Is not sure if this is a Fairphone or an android problem.

Any tips on how to make the camera app more responsive?

Do you use an SD-card to store you pictures? Because I store pictures on my internal storage, itā€™s fast. It only lags a bit when shooting a 48MP photo. Your SD-card could be slow, if you use that of course.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Are you using the default camera app and anyway check to see if HDR+ is enabled, especially HDR+ (Enhanced)

HDR type take a number of shots with differing ā€˜valuesā€™ and then process them to a single image. As the initial processing is done on the camera chip it creates a time buffer before you can shoot again as well as delaying the output.

HDR is instant on a Fairphone 4. Iā€™m not sure it really makes a difference though in quality on the FP4. But thatā€™s another discussion :nerd_face:

1 Like

I would have thought that may be a slow write to but I see no reason to take a few seconds before the shot is taken, unless itā€™s a subsequent shot taken quickly after the first.

Hopefully the OP hasnā€™t set a delay.

Hi,

Using the default app, often, no picture is taken when touching the capture button.

Maybe it is an app configuration issue?
I will test with another app. any suggestion?

I donā€™t use an sdcard.

I canā€™t check the app config as I use an FP3

Yes I use Nikita for Android 10 and up

Thanks for the reply!
I donā€™t use an sd-card.

1 Like

Thanks!
I looked into it and HDR is not activated.

2 Likes

Is this an app you can download and use in place of the FP4 camera? Mine is also a second or two slow, makes ā€œcapturing a momentā€ basically impossible.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Yes :slight_smile: the link will also show that there are numerous versions for Android versions and various varieties of GCam

2 Likes

I found that switching the camera to pro mode speeds it up a lot!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.