Very Poor Signal Strength

Hi - the signal strength on my FP2 has suddenly deteriorated. Fo the last 2 or 3 weeks I have not been able to get any signal/network connection at home, and reception in other places is poor, and certainly not as good as it was. The connection at my home was never great, but it was always there whereas now it has been impossible to get any connection to the network. Other family members on the same network (but different phones) are not having an issue.

Also, I have 2 sim cards from the same provider, and when I do have a connection, they do not have the same signal strength, which seems odd - in the same location, with the same provider, at the same time, I would have thought the signal strength sould be very similar if not the same; sometimes I can have no service on one card with moderate to good service on the other. Signal strength only seems to be acceptable on either SIM when close to a base station.

If anyone can provide some insight/potential fixes for thses issues, I would be very grateful!

6 Likes

As both cards operate on different network types. For phoning you most sure have set 2G. For data probably 3G/4G.

2G reception should still be widely available. 3G and 4G may vary heavily on your location and environment (inhouse/outside/city etc.).
The signal indicator can only give feedback for one network reception although the corresponding sim card may be configured to use any available network from 2G-4G.

As a test you could configure both sim cards to use 2G (as to set both to 3G or 4G won’t work due to the design), now both indicators should always show the equal signal strenght.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip and the links - I’ll have a look and see it it could be this. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah yes, that makes sense. I’ll check and see what happens. Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, looks as though the antenna connection had popped off - easy to fix with those photos, so thanks for the link. Much appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.