Very poor reception/signal for data and calls

Hello,

I have very weak signal on my Fairphone 3. I’m wondering if there’s any way to run diagnostics to work out the problem or whether it’s possible to replace the antenna.

When indoors my phone struggles to get signal. Outdoors it’s generally good… ish…

As an example, indoors the signal strength at home (it’s really good singnal outside, 4G) the other day was:
Signal strength -106 dBm 34 asu

Which makes it hard to make a call indoors.

To compare, my cheap Nokia backup phone (cost £15) has no problem in the same place and delivers crystal clear call quality.

If anyone has any useful info I’d be very grateful. Otherwise I’ll start a support ticket. Bit sad that my phone hasn’t even made it to 3 years. Was hoping to squeeze 5 out of it!

As a test I’m going to try the other SIM slot. I’ve just thought of this!

Unsurprisingly, no difference in the other SIM slot.

How old is your SIM card?
Is it suddenly problem?
Did it occur just after an update?
Would you say which provider you have?

1 Like

SIM card is probably at least 3 years old.

It’s been a problem for over 6 months but I’ve learnt to deal with it. It’s something I’ve been meaning to deak with though.

It didn’t happen just after an update.

I’m with O2. But I doubt it’s a network issue given another device has no problem with signal using the same SIM??

It could be the SIM card. I would like to suggest to replace your SIM card for a new one.

1 Like

Ok thanks. I’ll give that a go.

Not really as it is not a user replaceable part.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I assumed as much but just wanted to check.

1 Like

Update: I’ve changed the SIM and there’s no difference in signal strength. I’ve started a support request to see if there’s anything that Fairphone can do to help.