Velour ear cushions

I would like to know whether someone has found a way to replace the included vegan leather ear cushions/ear pads with custom velour ones. I am interested in the Fairbuds XL but had personally bad experiences with vegan leather earpad headphones in the past, especially when wearing them over longer time.

I haven’t done anything with FairBuds, and this isn’t much of a lead to follow, but Wicked Cushions did decent work for me on replacements for a pair of Sony headphones. I’m not shocked they don’t list the FairBuds in their standard products, but they might have some recommendations if you reached out to them.

To the OP and anyone else looking, these earpads from Aliexpress are pretty good:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005612104027.html

I had to pry open the plastic housing and tear out the original pads but the pads were already coming off after less than a year. This is the end result:

3 Likes

+1
I would love to buy velour ear cushions. I wonder how the company will approach this, but it will probably be faster to start production on our own or buy something that could fit from our Asian friends.