Using Xposed Framework

This is not strictly related but i used domain factory for some years and they use the same address for their SSL protected access to imap and stmp services, eg. imap.ispgateway.de.
I suppose it is a matter of cost? Eg. a ssl certificate for the domain costs 2€ a month, while the self-signed is probably free.

Sources in German

1 Like

More often than not, certificate warnings are caused by sites whose intent is good, but their certificate is just incorrect for whatever reason. It’s kind of problematic that repeatedly having that experience makes you insensitive towards the warning, and if that moment comes where the warning is actually right in pointing out something truly fishy, you’ll accept the certificate and continue anyway. What’s worse is that sites without any form of encryption don’t get a waring at all. Enter your login credentials, or worse, your CC number on a site that doesn’t go through https and you never get a warning about anything yet you’re at a higher risk than doing encrypted communication using an invalid SSL certificate.

1 Like

Yes, the security warnings about SSL certs are misleading. They always mix insecure, badly encrypted and untrusted. Self-signed certs are untrusted, but usually better encrypted.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811 says: “Please install it only if you’re willing to take the risk of boot loops.”

Is there a risk of boot loops when using xposed on the FP1? If so, how can I break them? I was told backup and recover. How would I do that?

Will the DKB-Card-Secure app work with xposed + root cloak?

I’ve never had problems with the Xposed Framework. However, this xda-post gives some indications what to do in case you suffer from a boot loop:

###In case you get into a boot loop:

First, try using the safemode by pressing any hardware key repeatedly. You can find a short explanation how it works here.

If that doesn’t work, you can flash the attached Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip by Tungstwenty. It will be copied to your (external) SD card when you install Xposed as well. The only thing it does is copying /system/bin/app_process.orig back to /system/bin/app_process, which you can also do yourself (e.g. with adb shell in recovery mode).

I don’t know, but you can simply try it out. When Xposed is up and running, enabling and disabling modules (like root cloak) is pretty straightforward. Only a reboot is needed.