USB does not work since LOS+microG since Oct 2023

Hey,

most probably after upgrading to 20-20231008-microG-FP4, my FP4 lost all USB connectivity as device.
I can neither use ADB, File Transfer, USB thethering, MIDI, PTP or so on. Tried this with multiple PCs (all Linux) & multiple cables (USB 2.0 & 3.0). The USB settings page stays disabled when I connect my phone to a PC. My Linux PC’s do not list the device in lsusb & the kernel log does log nothing when I connect my phone.

Charging does still work. USB OTG (e.g. connecting USB sticks to the phone) does also fully work. If I boot to Lineage OS Recovery or fastboot, it works as well (lsusb lists the device, adb/fastboot cli’s can find the device). So I do not think this is an hardware issue, rather a software bug.

I first thought Lineage OS Trust was set incorrectly, but changing that does not help either. When everything was working, I set “Restrict USB” to “when unlocked”. For the tests above, I set it to “Always allow”.

Version 20-20231106-microG-FP4 did not fix that either.
Has anyone the same problem on their FP4 with LineageOS (with or without microG)?

I would like to downgrade my phone or try out plain Lineage OS, but refrain from that unless I can make a full backup of my data. (I know about Seedvault & use it, but I use many apps which have system backup disabled & I would like to avoid to restore those manually.) So if anyone can give me a hint for that, I would be glad as well.

You might temporarily root your device and use Titanium Backup to transfer apps and data.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.