USB Connector issue

My fairphone cannot be charge, the problem is probably the usb connector, because it start to charge only if I press perpendicularly on the wire.
The same problem with different wires.
There is the possibility of change or repair the connector?

Thanks

Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

The standard way to repair this would be to replace the bottom module (currently out of stock):

If you think you haven’t caused the defect yourself, please contact Fairphone Support about it, you might qualify for a free replacement bottom module. Fairphone Support can usually provide replacement modules even when they are currently unavailable for purchase.

2 Likes

Hi Gio,

the first thing that I would try is cleaning the usb slot. It might just have collected some dust and fluff from your trouser pocket, for example. See for example

BEANTWORTET: Whats the best way to clean and maintain the USB-C port? - Google Pixel XL - iFixit

for tips how to best do this.

Good luck!
Thomas

4 Likes

If you can’t get hold of a bottom module right away, you could check whether one of the #fairphoneangels lives near you and has one (or is able to swap a module from their own phone to test whether it fixes your problem).

2 Likes

Thank you so much, but the nearest is 2h car and is not so easy for me to reach him

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.