USB-C replacement needed

I guess he is afraid that the force, which bended the plug, did some damage to the USB socket in the phone, which might lead to problems in the long term. So he wants to be prepared, by buying a new USB-C module in advance.

Agreed. That bent the internals along with the cable. Is the reason why I want to be prepared. That is why I showed the bent cable. It bent l the internals as well.l around that angle.

I wasnt trying to state anything other than that the phone charges faster by an hour in the end. I’m not perfect. I realize that one statement could create an argument. I see the error in the text. I still stand by the improved performance part of it. I should have explained it better in the end.

1 Like

Again I thank you for the advice given. It’s a solution to a problem. For now. It sticks out a little due the bent port. But it will give me some peace of mind til I can get ahold of a spare part. And for that I appreciate the advice given by you. I heard of these and had forgotten about them. It’s not like I don’t keep up on the latest tech. I use adapters to convert Type-A ports to Type-C ports so I can still use the wall charger I have and not be forced to upgrade to new standards when another charger would be just fine. Those also come in handy when I forgotten my car charger at home and have to buy one from the store that doesn’t have a Type-C port on it. I don’t know how many times that saved the day. No sense of having a dead phone on a 8Hr road trip and can’t listen to the music you have saved on the phone. They took out CDs from most cars today. That was the old way to take music on the go before MP3 players and ipods came about. Once again thanks for the advice. I gladly appreciate the help. I’ll mark it as a solution, but it doesn’t solve the bent port problem.

1 Like