Unknown caller unless volte and vowifi disabled

Hey, I’m having an issue where if I have both VoLTE and VoWi-Fi enabled, all incoming calls over the mobile network show up as “Unknown caller”.

This is not an issue that the caller is not in my address book - the caller’s number is not even known to the phone. If I try to call back, I can’t - because the phone doesn’t know what number called it.

I’m using a physical sim of the Polish branch of the “Mobile Vikings” carrier. They’re a MVNO that uses the infrastructure of the Polish carrier called “Play”.

Is this something that will be resolved by a software update as the phone matures? Or something to talk to the carrier about?

If I disable volte and vowifi the number appears correctly, and the Google default dialer app matches the number to a contact I have correctly. I can also call back fine, as the caller’s number is saved.

I think you should inform both your MVNO and the official FP support > contactsupport

1 Like

I have somewhat similiar issue. I am a direct customer of Polish Play carrier, with physical SIM.

I always have VoWi-Fi disabled and I didn’t experiment with it. But when I enable VoLTE, all calls show as “Unknown caller”, just as you described.

Did you have any luck contacting Fairphone or the carrier company?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.